Chapter 4 - Shockingly Surprising

LunaStar waited and listen patiently. Misty would be on her way shortly, thinking that she might have gotten out. Approaching footsteps. Two sets. No, wait. There's three.
    LunaStar pressed her back to the wall, making herself impossible to see. LunaStar heard their voices; Misty's concerned, worried voice, Ghost's calm, gentle, cautious voice, and... wait. Who was that? The other male's voice sounded... familiar, almost.
    Who was that? It isn't Ghost, that's for sure, LunaStar thought.
    "Hm," LunaStar heard Misty muse. "The second warning haven't gone off yet. Maybe she backed off."
    "Or she got out," the male voice offered.
    "She couldn't of," Ghost soothed. "That's impossible."
    "That's impossible," LunaStar whispered at the same time as Ghost. "I know that already."
    There was a silence. Then she heard murmuring. Then some footsteps.
    "Luna?" Someone called out. "You there?"
    Where else would I be? LunaStar thought irritably.
    "L-Luna?" Misty weakly called out. This caught LunaStar by surprise. Misty NEVER said her name.
    "Look, I know you want out," Misty continued, her voice shaking. "We all do. That's why we need your help."
    LunaStar could tell Misty was talking through clenched teeth.
    "Oh dear," Mama said, scaring LunaStar. "Maybe you should go to them."
    LunaStar looked at where her mother was and frowned. "Why?" She whispered as loud as she dared.
    "What was that?" LunaStar heard the male's voice ask.
    "I... don't know," someone else replied.
    "Because, my child, you'll be able to get out. To be free again," Mama answered.
    "Who's there?" Another voice demanded. "What child?"
    LunaStar sighed. "Yes, mother." She had just stopped herself from saying, 'motherfucker.'
    "There you go," Mama said.
    LunaStar peeked around the corner. "What?" She snapped. "Why are you here?"
    "For help," Ghost answered.
    "Help with what?" She huffed.
    "Well..." Misty started, then hesitated.
    "We need you," Ghost continued to insist.
    "For what?" LunaStar repeated. "I can't get pass these God-forsaken stairs."
    "Hm," Misty mused. "Yeah, that's a problem."
    "Ya'think?" LunaStar retorted.
    Her mother mumbled something LunaStar chose to ignore.
Suddenly, Misty let out a scream and ducked down, hands over her head as if she was trying to protect it from something falling from above.
    "Are you okay--?" The brown dog animatronic started, then was cut off from a panicking Misty.
    "DON'T TOUCH ME!"
    LunaStar flinched. Misty had never screamed like that before. When Misty was yelling at the black cat before, it had been full of anger. Now the gray-and-blue fox's voice had been full of panic. LunaStar heard her panting breath's as Misty struggled to breathe.
    "Misty? Misty!" Ghost said, turning to face the trembling fox animatronic. "Misty! You're okay, you're okay. It's fine."
    "No!" Misty yelled. "It's NOT fine! Nothing's fine!"
    What the fuck? Lunastar thought, her red eyes wide.
    "My child, it's all going to be--" Mama started, only to cut herself off as LunaStar turned around to glare at her.
    "Shut the fuck up," she whispered to the brown furbee-looking thing that was her mother.
    When LunaStar turned back, she saw the brown dog animatronic softly patting Misty's back, attempting in vain to calm her down while Ghost stared at LunaStar, his eyes unreadable.
    No one said a word for the longest time. The only sound was Misty's labored breathing and whimpers, followed along with soft encouragements from the dog animatronic.
    LunaStar waited patiently for Misty's episode to pass. She had heard it many nights before. But something about this one seemed off. LunaStar didn't know what it w--
    "I SAID DON'T TOUCH ME!" Misty screamed again, breaking LunaStar out of her trail of thought.
    "Is she okay?" LunaStar asked, though she knew the answer already.
    "Does she look okay?" Ghost snapped.
    LunaStar put her hands up innocently. "Hey, I'm just asking."
    "Loitering detected. Controlled shock activated."
    That was the security system. LunaStar's red eyes filled with fear, shock, and pain as her vision went white and then black. The pain was so intense that LunaStar fell instantly to her knees. She would've whimpered, but the force of the controlled shock kept her from making any sound.
    Fuck.... you, was the only thing LunaStar was able to think before the electricity from the shock disabled her movement and system, leading to her shutting down.

    Misty shook from where she squated. Her heart was gripped with her past fear. It was as if all her emotions that she had been bottling up were finally coming out. She barely heard the,
    "Loitering detected. Controlled shock activated."
    The brown dog animatronic beside her was trying to help Misty, but she was far beyond helping at this point in time. She felt him pat her back, trying desperately to be gentle.
    "DON'T TOUCH ME!!" Misty screamed, flinching away. She fell into a laying position before immediately going into the fetal position.
    "Okay, okay," the voice next to her said apologetically.
    All around Misty, voices whispered.
    "You'll never be good enough," one whispered.
    "Yes, she will," another argued back.
    "You'll see," yet another whispered.
    Misty flinched at the sudden noise that filled her ears. She couldn't hear anything else but these whispers.
    "It's all your fault."
    "Why didn't you stop Her?"
    "You know you could have tried harder to save them."
    "Right?"
    "Are you okay?"
    "Guys, shut up!"
    "Why should we?"
    "Because she's clearly in pain."
    And that was true. Misty's head hurt like it has never hurt before. Her heart was pounding so loud that she was pretty sure anyone could hear it.
    "Stop," Misty murmered. "Stop, please." She tried begging. "Pleaseplease. Stop. Stop! Nononono! No. Shut up. Shut up." But begging didn't work.
    I need to get out, Misty thought desperately. I NEED OUT!
    Misty scrambled to her feet and very clumsily ran out of the room, falling many times along the way. The only thing going through her mind was needing to get out.
    "Misty!" She heard someone call out, but their voice was faint. "Wait! We need--"
    The calling voice was cut off by something - maybe another voice.
    Out, Misty thought, clinging to that one thought. I. Need. To. Get. Out.
    Why had she gone to see Her, when Misty knew this could've happened? She still has nightmares about the whole thing.
    Misty sprinted to her stage and threw herself to the floor with a loud Bang! She was breathing heavily - panting almost. Misty buried her face in her arms as she lay there, disappointed that she couldn't keep strong around LunaStar. Now she had made a bad impression in front of that dog animatronic that had appeared.
    Wait a second, Misty thought. Where did he come from - the brown dog?
    "Where did he come from?" Misty repeated her thoughts out loud, whispering.
    Misty closed her eyes, wanting sleep to come. It seemed like years, but she did finally fall alseep.

(My gosh! I have to keep on fixing this chapter because of the God-forsaken formatting issues. Because, "Oh! Splashfire doesn't need to format! What was she thinking? Ha!")