Chapter 51: Break It & Take It

It was the next day, they were in the hospital again visiting Yeonjun and his eomma. Except they weren’t the only ones. “Jin Hyung? BTS Sunbaenim?”. “Omg you guys are okay! Come here!”. Taehyung exclaimed before pulling the younger kids into a tight hug. Soon enough Jimin and Hoseok joined in. “We were all so worried”. Jimin said letting go. “Ah, we’re okay now Jimin Hyung”. Soobin assured him with a smile. “We came as soon as we got the call about Yeonjun and his eomma”. Jungkook said butting in. “But weren’t you guys on tour?”. Taehyun asked. “Yeah but you guys are more important obviously”. Yoongi commented, sitting on one of the chairs. “Omg my babies! we’ve missed you so much!”. Jin cried out as he and Namjoon pulled the boys into a hug. “We missed you too Hyungs”. Kai said.  “Hey! We can go see Yeonjun now Kai, lets go“. Jin yelled already walking away, Namjoon in hand. “I’ll explain later but let’s go see Hyung now”. The rest of BTS stayed behind as they were gonna go see Yeonjun. “Yeonjun Hyung!”. Huening Kai exclaimed as he quickly went to hug the older. Yeonjun didn’t hug back as he only pushed Kai off of him. “What are you guys doing here? Didn’t I already tell you how I feel?”. Yeonjun complained as he referred to his members. “Ah…..”. Huening Kai awkwardly looked away. “Yeonjun! It’s me Eomma Jin! Namjoon and I were so worried!”. Jin embraced Yeonjun into a tight hug. Yeonjun only resisted. “How are you I mean? Are you feeling better? Do you need anything from me?”. Jin asked in a motherly tone. “No Hyung. I don’t. I just want to see my eomma”. Yeonjun responded blandly. “Oh well I guess I’ll stay to check in with the doctors”. “Do you want anything to eat? You seem tired Yeonjun. We wouldn’t want to get worked up”. Namjoon said with a sweet smile, cute dimples showing. Yeonjun threw him off and shook his head already walking out of the room. “Wow, what’s up with him? He’s never given us that kind of attitude”. Jin commented a little upset. “Yeonjun Hyung isn’t exactly stable mentally, just ask the doctors later”. Beomgyu explained. 

“Huening Kai. Can you please just shut up for one minute and stop bugging me about my health. I’m fine. I don’t need to sleep or eat. I’m doing fine on my own. If you’re gonna refuse to listen and leave me, then at least stop annoying me”. Yeonjun spat. Huening Kai nodded feeling a bit down from his words but he hardly minded it. Gosh, what am I supposed to do Ji woo? Can you help me? Send some signs on what to do? He just keeps breaking my heart. I don’t know if I’ll be able to withstand each painful moment. “Hey, would you mind getting me some water?”. Yeonjun suddenly asked. Huening Kai snapped out of his thoughts and nodded getting up. After filling a cup, he headed back to the room and was about to hand it to Yeonjun but he failed to grab it and the glass cup broke. “Are you okay ba-". Yeonjun stopped speaking. Huening Kai watched as Yeonjun had a hard time finding his words. "I mean, Are you fucking kidding me!? Why are you so clumsy!? Geez Kai!”. Yeonjun hissed as he got towels to clean the mess. “I-I’m sorry Hyung”. Huening Kai whispered looking down ashamed. He could hear how his Hyung's voice shook though and he questioned it. “I always have to clean up your messes. Clearly you can’t have anything nice”. Yeonjun continued on. “It’s like you’re trying to make angry. I’ll fucking throw something at you so don’t test my patience”. “I dare you then”. Yeonjun turned around to face the younger who had a blank face on. “What?”. “I said I dare you. It’s not gonna scare me anyway. It won’t make me change my mind about anything”. Huening Kai stated suddenly gaining confidence. Yeonjun chuckled and threw something at the younger missing him. Huening Kai closed his eyes as he heard glass shatter. “What? Not enough!?”. Yeonjun asked with an mantic expression. He continued to grab things and throw it at Huening Kai. It hit him each time. Huening Kai felt stinging pain but he stood still taking each shot. Suddenly, Yeonjun stopped throwing things. Huening Kai opened his eyes to see Yeonjun sobbing and hesitating to throw another item.  “Yeonjun! Stop!”. Jin yelled with wide eyes running into the room. Namjoon grabbed Yeonjun’s wrists and pulled him back. “Let me go!”. Yeonjun shouted resisting. “Omg Huening Kai! Are you okay!?”. Taehyun asked worriedly bringing along the other members. “Let’s get you cleaned up”. He said leading the younger outside. 

“Why would you let him just throw glass at you? Clearly it must’ve hurt”. Yoongi said as he soothed the bleeding scratches and cuts on Huening Kai. “I kinda told him to. I didn’t really care at that moment. I was tired of him thinking I’m that scared of him because I’m not. I’ll go through that just to help him”. Huening Kai explained to his Hyung. “You’re too in love Kai. That isn’t a healthy relationship. It’s only gonna get worse because of Yeonjun. You have to be ready to eventually force yourself to leave him or decide what’s best for you both”. Yoongi warned. I know Hyung. I really do. But in the meanwhile, I’ll just accept the pain until we can get Yeonjun some help. Huening Kai thought silently. "Hey can I actually talk to you about something Beomgyu Hyung?". Huening Kai asked nervously. "Yeah what's up? You mind if Yoongi Hyung listens though?". "Yeah yeah it's fine but it's about Yeonjun Hyung". Huening Kai replied. "Everytime we get into an argument, he looks like he's on the verge of crying. Earlier when he got mad at me for breaking the class cup, he was about to ask me if I was okay but then was like I mean are you freaking kidding me bla bla bla. He makes it seem like he's forcing himself to be mean. I don't know if that's just me". He explained. Beomgyu nodded. "It's not just you. I feel the same way. I mean……..Yeonjun is never selfish in anything he does. Even now. People will of course think he's being an asshole but they don't know him. They've never seen what he's been through or seen how he handles every bad situation thrown at him". He said before sighing deeply. "I think that you guys might be right". Yoongi commented as he finished up Huening Kai. "Really?". "Yeah, I mean I've been through a lot of bad things especially with health. Yeonjun probably thinks that he'll never get better and he doesn't want to make you guys wait or bring you down with him…….he probably feels that he needs to make you leave no matter what". Yoongi explained with sincerity. Huening Kai and Beomgyu were taken back a little bit too surprised. "Wow, never thought Yoongi Hyung would be the type to say such sweet and understanding words". Huening Kai commented. "You'd be surprised. I'm very expressive but I just don't do it often. It's not my thing". Yoongi smiled and then got up leaving the younger boys to sit and think.