Chapter 40: Gossip & Fights

The next days seemed so tense for Yeonjun. He was still practicing and he felt a little better after letting his stress out but as he walked through the halls and lobby, he felt eyes on him. He could hear the whispers. "Isn't that Yeonjun? The one who had a breakdown?". "Yeah. I heard he might not even be able to work as an idol anymore". Yeonjun tried to ignore the comments but he couldn't. He suddenly looked up to see Kyung Min walked towards him. "Hey Yeonjun! You feeling good today?". She asked. Yeonjun shrugged. "Everyone won't stop staring and gossiping". He mumbled.

Kyung Min looked around to see almost everyone staring at them. She glared at each of them. "That kid is not prepared for anything. How could he be an idol? He's so gonna fail". Kyung Min gasped. She heard a guy say that and she immediately ran up to him. "How dare you!? You don't even know him! You know what? How about I teach you a lesson!". Kyung Min was about to charge at the man but Yeonjun stopped her. "Stop it Kyung! It's okay!". He said. "It's not! I'm not gonna let a low life dirtbag talk about you like that!". Kyung Min argued. Yeonjun dragged Kyung Min away until they got to the practice room.

"You gotta calm down Kyung". Yeonjun said. "How can I? How can you let people just say that about you?". Kyung Min asked clearly mad. "I'm an idol. Haters are normal". Yeonjun replied. "Yeah but in your own company? Man If I wasn't so nice I would just make sure to get him Fired!". She yelled. "Calm down. Let's just practice now okay?". Yeonjun said. Kyung Min nodded. She clapped her hands and told everyone to get in position to practice. After a couple of hours of practicing, Kyung Min said they could take the rest of the day off unless they still wanted to practice. "Alright! I gotta go guys! I love you all! Be careful and don't be doing anything stupid!". Kyung Min yelled as she walked out of the practice room. "Love you too Kyung Unnie!". Huening Kai exclaimed.

He looked around and saw Yeonjun practicing by himself. He walked over to him and watched. Yeonjun was concentrated so hard he didn't realize Huening Kai. After a few minutes he gave up. Yeonjun shut his eyes wanting to just cry. Huening Kai quickly got up and pulled his Hyung into a hug. He pulled Yeonjun's head to his shoulder and caressed his hair softly. Yeonjun felt tears in his eyes again but he wasn't gonna have a mental breakdown. "It's okay to mess up Hyung. I'll help you okay? Don't go through this alone". Huening Kai said. Yeonjun sniffled and nodded finally hugging him back. As they were practicing together Yeonjun looked at the younger with sad but admiring eyes. He always stood by his side no matter what happened. Huening Kai was explaining the dance moves but then realized Yeonjun was zoned out while staring at him. "Hyungie? You okay?". He asked. Yeonjun snapped out of his thoughts. "Sorry I was just........thinking". "About what?". "About you.....". Yeonjun answered. He fiddled with his fingers and then looked up into the younger's eyes. "Why do you always stay by my side? I always end up hurting you. All of you". Yeonjun asked with a sad tone. Huening Kai walked towards the older and then grabbed his hand to hold it. "Do you know what your Eomma told us before we all separated for work?". Huening Kai asked. Yeonjun shook his head. "She told us that we should always stay by your side no matter what. Because even when you yell at us that you want to be alone or that you don't need us, that's when you need us the most. She said that we shouldn't ever let you push us away no matter how hard you tried because from all that anger and sadness, it makes you think those things when really you're just in pain and you need our comfort. So.... we've always kept that in mind. We know that your emotions can't always be controlled but that doesn't mean we don't love you any less. In fact.....we love you more because of it. We won't ever leave you alone on purpose. Ever. We need you and you need us. We're family, we stay together no matter what. So no matter how hard you push us away with your words or actions.........We will not leave you". He explained. Yeonjun eyes teared up hearing those words. "It's like what you said the other day......you said you hated us and that we were all lying. But.....we know you don't mean it. It's just a way of saying that you love us too much and you're afraid to hurt us. You push us away more each time but we hardly move". Huening Kai carressed Yeonjun's head and pulled him into a hug. Yeonjun hugged back crying softly. "Thank you for being here". He whispered. "Of course Jagiya. I'll always be here for you". Huening Kai replied.