Chapter 30: Promise

Beomgyu's POV

We were at the police station investigating. We were looking at camera footage and explaining what happened over and over. "Did he ever mention other places then home?". An officer asked me. I shook my head. "No. He didn't go anywhere else too". "Does any of them have a phone?". He asked and I nodded. "They both do". I said. The officer sighed and then said, "Give us the numbers so maybe we can try to track it down". "Okay" I answered. After giving them the numbers I went with everyone else. This time only the members, me, Kyung Min and the parents were here. Everyone else was busy or probably talking about what would happen for us now. I sighed and sat down next to Taehyun. He looked at me and smiled. "Hi Hyungie". He greeted. I smiled from his adorableness. "Hi Taehyun". I said back. He leaned on my shoulder and grabbed my hand. "It'll be okay Hyung. Don't be so heavy hearted and stressed". He said. He looked into my eyes and then kissed me on the cheek. I laughed in my head. "God you're so...so you!". I exclaimed. Taehyun giggled. "I hope that's good then". He responded. I wrapped my arms around him and placed my lips on his. "Somehow you always make me feel better". I whispered.

Laterrrr

The police said that even though we got the license plate, it was harder to find the car. There were no witnesses or camera proof to figure out where they went. They also said that they could probably only track them down through a phone call and honestly, we all doubted it. We decided that we would give it a chance though. Keep our phones on and wait for them to call or even text maybe. We sat inside a room talking with police officers. "Did you at least see which direction they went?". An officer asked. Soobin nodded. "They went towards the small bad neighborhoods but we don't know much about it. We were warned to not go there". He explained. The officer nodded and then told another one something. "Okay so we can at least have an area of where they would've gone but the best bet is to wait for a phone call right now". The officer said. We all nodded. "Alright, thank you. We'll be going now". I said. We bowed and left the room. I sighed frustrated and Taehyun rubbed my back comfortingly. Ji Woo came up to me and then hugged me tightly. "It's okay Beomgyu. We'll find them". She said. I felt emotional and tears began to flow down my face. "I should've done more for him". I cried. "It's okay. It's not your fault. What happened happened. You don't need to think that you didn't do enough. You all did so much for my son and you may not even know it". She said affectionately. I sniffled and nodded. "Excuse me?". I looked up to see Huening Kai's parents. "You're all Huening Kai's friends and you're considered my son's mother in law". The woman referred to Yeonjun's Eomma and the members. I nodded. "I'm Beomgyu". I introduced myself. "I'm Soobin". "I'm Taehyun. You've seen me before". "I'm Naomi and this is Mike. Huening Kai talks so much about you guys". I smiled at them and they smiled back. "We just wanted to know if you all wanted to come eat with us. Just talk and have a rest". They insisted. I looked at Taehyun and Soobin. They both nodded. Ji Woo smiled at me and nodded. I turned to the parents. "We would love to come". He said. "Okay, do you any of you need a ride?". Naomi asked. "Yes, we do". I said gesturing to Soobin and Taehyun. Naomi smiled. "Alright, let's go then". She said. We headed outside to their car. It was spacey luckily. We sat in the car silent before Mike spoke up, "Which one of you is Soobin?". He asked. Soobin raised his hand and Mike looked at him smiling. "Huening Kai would always talk about you. Not as much as Yeonjun though". He laughed joking. "Really?". Soobin asked. Mike nodded. "He'd always go off about you all on the phone. He'd talk about how funny you all were and how much he loved you. Everything you did together". He explained. "Sometimes he'd cry though". Mike said. We all lifted out heads. "About what?". I asked. "He'd sometimes say that during shows when fights or something bad happened he would get all moody and just try to support you guys but when he'd tell us, he'd burst into tears crying about how upset and heavy hearted he was to see you all in pain. One time he told us that Beomgyu had gotten hurt during a show and he cried for a good hour. He felt so upset and emotional, he started to freak out. It was worrying. He'd hang up and we would try calling him again but he wouldn't answer. The next day he called us back and said he was fine now. He was fine because he got the comfort from his hyungs". Mike stopped talking and smiled sadly. "He really does love you all so much and I can see why". Naomi noted. Hearing that whole story basically broke me. I broke down into tears. Taehyun hugged me and I could see he was also crying. Soobin started to sob too. We all were so emotional. Even Mike had tears in his eyes. Naomi took a glance at us. "Don't cry boys. It's alright" she said.