Chapter 94

- Chapter 94 -

The ride home back to Sherwood was a long and quiet one. Guy seemed to be trapped in his own thoughts every time I glanced over at him on a horse we 'borrowed'. He refused to look in my direction causing me to sigh. It seemed that he was finally able to allow his thoughts to reflect on everything that has happened. The gang hesitated as we near the camp looking towards Robin for reassurance. I smiled softly when he kept going without blinking, heading towards our new home.

One by one we all dismounted as I could see that Robin pulled Kate aside to have a chat with her. They kept glancing in Guy's direction and I knew they were talking about him. I could see everyone was still a bit weary and uncomfortable with the thought of letting their eldest enemy now live with them. Each member headed towards their beds, removing weapons and stolen goods before getting themselves settled. I watched Guy who stood at the entrance rubbing the back of his neck, something he always did when he was uncomfortable.

"So where do you want me to sleep, then?" He asked as everyone paused before looking at him. They all glanced at each other before turning towards me, their eyes unsure of what to do.

"Come with me" I say softly with a small smile as I reach for his hand and guide him away from the camp. He slowly walked behind me as I could hear hushed whispers behind us as we made our way down to the river. Neither of us spoke a word as we drew near the waters edge. It was peaceful to hear the water rushing and the wind ripple through the trees. I know I shouldn't stare but I couldn't help the blush that over came my cheeks as Guy peeled off his black shirt placing it on a rock beside him boots.

He was slow to enter the water at first as I placed my boots on the ground; before he knew it he was waist deep. The water here had a small bank before it got deeper. It was one of the reasons we used this spring, it would be hard to ride horses across and attack. I slowly followed him in; unsure of how he was feeling as he turned towards me. Pain reflected in his eyes as he slowly lifted a hand to run over my healing lip. His touch made me shudder and sigh as I happily allowed myself to enjoy his touch. How I have missed him.

"Esme" His voice cracked.

"Shh. Just relax" I whisper. He looked so defeated; exhaustion was taking hold as I swore the dark circles under his eyes only seemed to get darker. We didn't say another word as he scrubbed of the dirt from his body. After a while we walked closer towards the bank. He sat down whilst I was perched on a higher rock behind him, allowing me to use my dagger to cut him hair. His long mane was knotted and unkept as I continued to run my fingers through it gently acting like a brush. I gently placed my dagger away once I had finished cutting his hair back to the original length he kept it before all this happened. It looked nice all slicked back from the water, curling behind his ears. Sighing happily I let my fingers trail down the front of his chest as I felt his body tense. Hugging him tightly I was afraid if I let go he would disappear from me, as I placed delicate kissing on his forehead and down his neck.

"Esme.......I thought I had killed you.....and all this time. You've been beside me and I didn't even know it." He whispered as his hand gently gripped mine that was around his neck. There was so much pain in his voice. I knew that my 'death' had tormented him, being apart from him had tormented me, but I guess I had been naïve to think I would be able to make this all better.

"Do you remember the time I visited you at night in the castle?" I smile as I gently begin to massage the knots out of his shoulders.

"I thought it was a dream" He sighed as his body began to relax under my touch.

"A good dream I hope" I cheekily grin as he peered up at me with a soft smile in return.

"A dream from heaven with you as my angel"