Chapter 7

My father had headed home, as I made my way through the castle. The sound of dogs barking on a large scale made me curious as I saw Guy standing observing the courtyard which were now filled with men and their hunting dogs.

"Sir Guy." I spoke softly, but he heard me as he turned his head with a smirk, as he stood with his arms folded over his chest.

"Esme." He greeted as I stood by his side and looked down at all the dogs, feeling sorry for Robin and how he is about to be chased like a wild animal.

" All these dogs for one man?" I inquired as Guy sighed and nodded.

"Yeah, it’s my idea. The Master at Arms would have us do nothing." He sneered at the title Master at Arms, since he hated De Fourtnoy. I looked at him innocently.

"You are in competition?"I asked as he smirked and looked at me for a moment.

"He’s a little man, promoted to far. Anyone would make a better master at arms." He expressed his opinion as I must admit I had to agree with him.

"Politics. Even when my father was the sheriff, I could not grasp the intricacies. He sent me here, by the way. He thinks it is safer with a killer on the loose." I told him as I looked up at him as he looked down at me.

"You say “killer.” You do not think it is Hood?" Guy questioned as I took in a deep breath.

"Whoever it is, he thought it would be safer here in the castle." I replied as Guy didn't look at me as he looked out at the barking dogs.

"No, that’s not permitted." Guy informed me seriously as I kept looking at him. I felt slightly sad about that and I have no idea why I would be sad not to stay in this castle.

"Oh." I responded as Guy sighed deeply beside me before he looked at me.

"I will talk to the sheriff." He whispered as I smiled at him.

"Thank you, Sir Guy." I smiled as he smiled at me in return a true smile. What scared me on the inside was that I thought he was handsome and that I liked to smile at him. I mentally slapped myself. I saw the smile wipe from Guy's face as I followed his sight and saw De Fourtnoy looking away from one of the upper corridors and disappearing as I shuddered.

"Not to be rude, but I hate the way he looks at you" Guy muttered as I gulped slightly.

"I hate it too. Make me feel very uncomfortable" I admitted as he smirked, as I gave a small smile before he had to address his men, waiting.

"Right, I want a line sweeping south through the forest. Let’s show De Fourtnoy how to hunt down Robin Hood. With these dogs, he will run." Guy instructed with his stern voice as I made my way deeper inside the castle.

I spent majority of my time enjoying walking randomly around the castle, even if I walk down the same hall four times over and over something always catches my interest, I had done extremely well to prevent myself from running into De Fourtnoy, the nasty sick man. I was happily in my thoughts until the bells began to ring as I raced down the halls.