Chapter 19

It was early in the morning; word was going round that Robin Hood's men were being hanged at mid afternoon today. I was fixing my hair in the window sighing. My father was still silent and shaken with the events of yesterday. I was wearing a white riding top, and my black leather pants. My boots clicked on the floor, as I patted my hair in a bun, with my dagger pinning it in place. A clear whistle rang out as I frowned before making my way to my window chuckling as I saw Robin standing below.

"What do you want?" I chuckled with a smile on my face.

"To talk!" Robin shouted out as he held out his hands to the side as I raised an eyebrow at him, trying hard not to snicker at him.

"So talk." I teased as he stuck out his tongue and took a few steps forward. From my window I watched as Robin jumps up and grabs a horizontal metal bar connecting the stable to a post below my window. He curls his feet over his head and pushes himself up onto the bar, then steps to the loft of the stable beside him and walks over to the window. I smile slightly, watching his progress. Robin tries to enter my window, but I sit on the sill.

"Ah, you can talk from there." I laughed as Robin grins at me, staring into my eyes.

"What?" I asked him as he smirked.

"Nothing." He grinned as I raised an eyebrow.

"You were looking at me." I insisted.

"That’s just the way my eyes were pointing." He teased as I rolled my eyes playfully as he sighed.

"I’m sorry about yesterday. How’s your father?" He questioned as I blew out a deep breath.

"I hear your men are going to hang." I avoided his question as he growled.

"They’re not my men." He snapped angrily as I could see that Robin was still angry with them for attacking my father yesterday.

"They were your men last night." I retorted as Robin sighed.

"The Sheriff is hanging them in my name, hoping I’ll turn up to rescue them. But my men think it’s a trap. Has your good friend Guy of Gisborne said anything to you?" Robin added with a hint of jealously as I shook my head.

"I think he was a little preoccupied. But I will go to the castle to see what I can find out." I informed him as he shook his head.

"If I do not rescue them, people will think I cannot protect my men. Do I risk us all to save them?" Robin asked me as I gave him a pitiful look as I looked at him in the eye.

"You are a good man, Robin. Nothing will change that." I told him truthfully as I saw Robin stretches his neck up to me for a kiss, but I put my hand on the side of his face and playfully and gently slapped it away.

"Nn-nn." I chuckled as I could Robin starting to get frustrated. "That won’t help you make your decision."