Chapter 31: Hands

"Hey, babe."

Okay. By the way my heart started beating faster, I'm guessing I wasn't getting used to that anytime soon.

"Hey." I smiled, too excited to control it. "What are you doing here?"

Luca shrugged childishly. "I thought we could go for a walk. Talk about us." He approached me and putting his hand at the low of my back, he pressed my body against his. "I feel like we didn't talk much on Sunday."

My face heated up as he lowered his lips to meet mine, kissing me in the middle of the street. My hands trembled a little as I gripped Luca's jacket.

Well, seems like I wasn't getting used to this either.

He smiled and took my hand, making me walk beside him. "Wait." He frowned and glanced at me. "I- I didn't have time to eat, we had a change in the shifts and it was a little crazy, I had to replace a coworker when it was lunch time-"

With a little smile on his face, he licked his lips. "Mexican sounds good?"

I raised my eyebrows. "Uhm yeah. Sounds great."

We sat at a small table in a Mexican restaurant Luca thought was the best in the city. He was kind of nervous, more than usual and it made my anxiety take the best of me. What was he thinking about? He wanted to talk about us, what if it was bad?

Oh no, he was already regretting it.

"Stop thinking bad stuff." He said taking a nacho and putting it into his mouth.

Can he read my thoughts? What if I think about his-? Great, Riley. Now you're thinking about his little buddy. Not so little, though-

"Riley." He laughed. "What the hell are you thinking about? You're blushing."

"Nothing." I shook my head and took a bite of my half-eaten burrito. He wasn't going to eat anything but he couldn't resist and ordered some nachos, so we wouldn't 'leave me alone'. "What did you want to talk about?"

Luca twisted his mouth and drummed the tip of his fingers on the table. "I- I feel like it wasn't said, like everything was left in the air and I wanted to ask you officially... well if you... you know, wanted to go out with me- be my girlfriend... whatever. I should've rehearse what I was going to say."

"Okay." I smiled widely, my cheeks beginning to feel too hot for it to be healthy.

"Okay? Why does it sound like I just asked you a favor?" He frowned.

"I'm sorry, I didn't-"

"I'm just kidding, Riri." He laughed. "Come here."

"Luca, no." I shook my head in horror while he tapped his lap.

"Riley, there's literally no one here."

It was true. It was too soon to be dinner time.

"There's the waitress." I said glancing at her quickly.

"Oh, come on. She loves us. Why do you think she brought cutlery for the both of us? She wants us to share." He whispered as if he was a genius, high pitching his voice at the end.

"Because I told her to? I knew you would get hungry-"

"Riley, you're ruining it." He shook his head dramatically. "She totally ships us."

I laughed. "I'm not sitting on your lap, Luca."

"Well, then." He got un quickly, went around the table and sat down on my lap, his arm wrapped around my neck.