Chapter 26: Sick

Just like that. Just an hour ago, I was thinking what movie I was going to watch, what ingredients would I put on my pizza...

An ideal Friday night for me.

And now here I was, at a party of someone I didn't know.

Didn't matter how many parties I went to, I still didn't get used to it. How did they do it?

I decided not to drink at all this time. I wanted to be fresh and remember everything. And I made sure to remember not to accept any drinks from strangers. If I saw that Paul guy again, I swear I was kicking him in the balls.

Rain was pouring hard outside, hitting the windows with intensity. Everyone was inside the pent house, making it seem even more crowded than it probably was, since we couldn't go outside.

The guys, Nathan, Martina and I, apart from other curious people, were sitting around a low table in the living room. They were all playing 'Never Have I ever' despite Martina's efforts to not to.

"We always play this fucking game, like seriously, I know everything each one of you have done."

"Oh yeah? Have I ever had a threesome?" Leo asked, sitting down next to her, his arm around her shoulders.

"Mhm, I don't know about that, but I'm pretty sure you have."

"Well girl, I haven't! See? We need to play more. By the way," he shouted, "any girls up to a threesome? Riley?" He asked smirking at me.

I blushed, sinking into my seat embarrassed. "Uh-"

"Leo." Warned Luca in front of me, stretching out the words without even looking at him, his gaze focused on the deck of cards he had in his hands.

"I'm joking, I'm joking." Leo laughed.

"Okay, let me start!" Nathan exclaimed. "Never have I ever stuck my finger up my ass."

Everyone stayed quiet, nobody drank either.

"Seriously guys? Not even your pinky finger?" People shook their heads, some of them laughed. "You guys are so straight."

He took a shot and poured himself another.

"Never have I ever slept with-"

The game continued like that, I laughed and listened horrified to some of the things people said. Since I wasn't drinking, I limited myself to watch. I actually had never played to this game, and I didn't know it could get so dirty.

Luca was drinking too much, I could already tell. He was silently eyeing everyone, a small smile playing on his lips.

I was laughing to some guy who said he had never wore girl clothes and his friend next to him showed a picture of a very drunk version of him, wearing a really tight dress. He obviously said he didn't remember a thing about that.

As I sobered up, taking a sip from my apple juice, my eyes met Luca's. Who was already staring at me. "What?" I mouthed, under everyone's shouts.

"You look beautiful." He mouthed back.

I shook my head and averted my gaze, just to glance back at him as I fought the smile crossing my lips. "You're so silly."

Luca nodded his head to his right, inviting me to go with him. He got up slowly, letting his beer on the table. Everyone was so caught up with the game that nobody noticed that he left.

I got up just a few seconds after, earning a knowingly look and a smirk from Nathan. I ran a hand through my hair awkwardly and followed Luca. I got lost among people in the living room, until a hand grabbed mine and pulled my body towards it.