Chapter 24: Girls

"My head." I groaned.

"Here."

Luca startled me when I achieved to open my eyes. He was sitting down at the edge of the bed, a glass of water and a pill on each hand.

"Wow. That was fast."

"You looked like you were about to wake up." He said as I took the pill and emptied the glass of water.

"You were watching me?"

"Hey, not like in a creepy way. I was actually worried."

"Worried, why?"

"You don't remember?" He frowned, cocking his head.

I inhaled, trying to remember something out of norm last night. The reality was I had memory lapses. I recall being at the party, I recall talking to some guy, dancing...

"The guy you kissed-"

"I kissed a guy?!" I opened my eyes wide and took the glass of water like a shot, shaking it in front of him after so he could pour me more water.

Taking the bottle he brought, he gave me some more before staring at me. "You really don't remember."

He told me everything and I almost fell off the bed.

"Luca! I need to go to the hospital!"

"Riley." He laughed when I tried to get out of bed and stumbled with my own socks. In my defense I'd say they were too big for my feet. "You're fine. Trust me, we talked with the guy. It was very little and the after-effects are none. It won't come out in the results, they would tell you nothing. They won't help you. You just need to rest."

I stared at him breathing heavily. He stared at me back, a little smile on his face. "I don't find this funny at all."

"I'm sorry." He cleared his throat. "You just look really cute."

I showed him my middle finger and went to the bathroom, needing to shower away all my thoughts. Before I went into the shower, I looked at my reflection in the mirror to discover what Luca found so cute.

Hideous.

I looked hideous. I had dark circles under my eyes and I was proud to say I never had, my hair was a bird's nest and I had run mascara all around my eyes. "Oh, god. Fucking cute!" I shouted for Luca to hear me and I heard him break out laughing. "Hilarious..." I muttered stepping inside the shower.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"I seriously don't get why you're so mad at me."

"I don't get it either but that's what it is." I told Luca putting the spoon full of cereal into my mouth.

"I thought we were on the same page yesterday, when you said-"

My face paled. "What did I say?"

"That you were glad we started the year on the right foot."

Trying to cover it, I sighed in relief. "I lost my memory, remember?"

"I do, actually. I'm not the one who doesn't remember a thing." He hid the smile on his face with his hands forming a fist, resting them on the counter as he looked at me amusedly sitting down in front of me.

I rolled my eyes and continued eating, for some reason being really hungry. It wasn't that late, Ace and the rest of the guys were sleeping somewhere in the house but since Luca and I went to bed early, we got up quite early too.

"You said I kissed that guy."

"Hmh." He nodded, averting my gaze, the salt shaker suddenly seeming really interesting.