#21 The return of the Vanquished

Ash with his group traveled to Mt. Coronet to rescue the long lost Darkrai who was being tortured in the Distortion World. While soaring the skies, Ash's radio beeped and spoke. "Ash, this is Sir Aaron, where are you?" Sir Aaron asked. "Not now sir, I'm doing some personal work here right now." Ash replied but just before Sir Aaron reply, Ash muted his radio and looked at the others who were all staring at him. "Relax, everything's under control, no need to worry." Ash gratefully said. "How are we not going to worry? We're going on a dangerous mission to save Darkrai, remember?" Blake scolded Ash.

Ash sweatdrops upon hearing what Blake said. "Yeah you're right, we're all worried about this one." Ash said and pinched Lucario's cheek who was being firmly hugged by Ash. "Oy! Get your hands off me." Lucario said but Ash ignored him. Ethan who was behind them giggled. "Alright we are nearing the portal, get yourselves ready because this is going to be messy." Said by Blake and they landed on the rocky mountain and Shadow Pokemon began to appear in every directions, waiting for them to land.

"Ah sh#t, here we go again." Blake said and hopped off Ho-oh. "Is that supposed to be a joke?" Vlue asked and giggled. "No? But I heard online it was funny." Blake said and all of them hopped off Ho-oh. "You are all heavy." Said by Ho-oh. "Nope, I've been losing weight since last month." Ethan said. "It's not about you, it's about the combination of all our weight made us heavy." Red said and Ethan sweatdrops. "True, didn't realize that." Said Ethan and Ash with his Lucario combined their auras and both of them began to glow with Blue aura.

The Shadow Pokemon were growing restless and one yelled. "How come you guys take so long in preparation for the fight?!" Yelled by one of the Shadow Pokemon. "What? Do you want to be first in the line?" Asked by Red and his Pikachu giggled. "No way! But you guys are taking so long!" Yelled by the Shadow Pokemon. Ethan connected his aura with his Ho-oh and both of them began to glow with Yellow aura. "Now your turn, Red." Ethan said and Red nodded.

Red connected his aura with his Pikachu and both of them began to glow with Red aura. "With that being done, let's do this." Red said and rushed towards the horde of Shadow Pokemon and began to fight them. Ash was shocked to see how quick Red was and determined to defeat the Shadow Pokemon. Ash with his Lucario followed Red and fought the horde. "Should we come with them?" Ethan asked. "No, but it looks like they are coming for us." Ho-oh said and a group of Shadow Pokemon approached them and tried to attack them. Ethan dodged and punched one one of the Shadow Pokemon.

The battle continued until the horde of Shadow Pokemon was defeated. Bodies of Shadow Pokemon were seen lying all round the ground as the group of Ash panted due to exhaustion. "That was tough." Said by Ethan while panting. "But we have to keep going, we have to save Darkrai." Blake said who's just sitting on a lying body of a Shadow Snorlax. "You're sitting on a Snorlax." Ash said and Blake nodded. "It's comfy." Blake said and Red approached him who easily recovered from tiredness. "You didn't even move! What were you doing minutes ago?!" Red scolded Blake.

"Yeah sorry, sorry I couldn't help, I don't have a Pokemon." Blake said with his head hanging low. Ethan approached Blake and patted his back. "Don't worry, we're getting your Darkrai back." Ethan said and looked at Ash. "Lets go!" Said by Ethan and all together they packed up and entered the Portal. They reached the Distortion World through the portal and they landed on a grassy patch of dirt. "So this is the Distortion World that they call." Ethan said in amazement. "Heads up, we have to stay focus on the mission, otherwise we'll die here." Red said and his Pikachu nodded.

"You're starting to sound like Sir Aaron, Red." Lucario said and Red got annoyed. "I'm not like that son of a b#tch." Red said and his Pikachu nodded. Meanwhile, Ash was looking around and saw not a single Shadow Pokemon around. "How is it so barren in here?" Ash asked and Ethan looked around. "True, there's no Shadow Pokemon seen moving or flying around." Said by Ethan. "Let's go save my Darkrai!" Blake yelled. "Dude, before we save your Darkrai, we have to traverse this Distortion World safely." Red said and Blake nodded. Lucario was closing his eyes, trying to sense any nearby auras.

Minutes passed and Ash was trying to wake him up when Lucario sensed a nearby evil aura and suddenly sensed it too. Ash stopped for a second and Lucario opened his eyes. "I sensed an evil aura nearby, we're not alone." Said by Lucario and a mysterious silhouette of a Shadow Pokemon appeared in front of them. All of them were shocked too see the silhouette. Ash immediately figured who's silhouette that was, it was Mewtwo's. Ash was terrified to see the infamous Shadow Mewtwo he defeated returned back on the surface.

Shadow Mewtwo appeared with his eyes staring at them. "Are you all surprised? Especially you, Ash." Shadow Mewtwo asked and Ash fell on his butt. "Scared? I only have one favour." Shadow Mewtwo said and Red bravely replied. "What's this favour you got?" Red asked. "To leave or to die." Shadow Mewtwo answered. Ethan was petrified in place to witness the scene. "We're not gonna leave!" Red said and Shadow Mewtwo smirked. "Oh! Such bravery! Well then." Shadow Mewtwo cleared up his throat and continued.

"I want a rematch with Ash together with his Pikachu, if he wins I will give you Darkrai, if I win you will all die. Deal?" Shadow Mewtwo said and Red slowly nodded. "Very well, let us prepare." Shadow Mewtwo said and Ash was shocked upon hearing what he said...

To be continued...