Chapter twenty four: Truth

Mirae POV.

I kept fighting the tears that are aching to come out of my eyes but I couldn't, I can't believe I just saw him and he looks perfectly fine and grown-up. 

The day we broke up flashed in my mind making me cry even harder, I tried to hold myself and calm down until I finally calmed down a bit.

Jimin POV.

We were sitting but all I was thinking about is Mirae, why would she take off like that? 

My thoughts were interrupted when suddenly someone entered the door.

"Yah, Yugyeom I missed you so much bro," Tae said, this name rang in my ears as I heard this name multiple times, the only person I was jealous of because of a girl, not just any girl, it's my Mirae. I eyed Yugyeom as he was welcoming everyone but when he came to me he froze for a couple of minutes then anger filled his face.

"WHAT. THE. FUCK. ARE. YOU. DOING. HERE. PARK. FUCKING. JIMIN?" He yelled grabbing the collar of my shirt taking me and everyone else in the room off guard. 

" What's wrong with you Yugyeom let go of him, " Taehyung said grabbing Yugyeom's hands pulling him off me.

" I am the one who should be asking what is wrong with him, where's Mirae? " Yugeyom asked.

"She welcomed us and went upstairs real quick I don't know why," Tae said with a shrug.

"Crying her eyes out, right? This jerk is that playboy who broke your sister's heart but he probably doesn't even know her real identity because she was going to tell him on their education day but guess what? This bastard decided to cheat and play her like all the other girls " Yugyeom said angrily and I just stood up with my mouth open apart.

"She i-is M-Mirae?" I asked shocked and Taehyung looked angry, the rest sat down with disappointment on their faces. 

" And she was trying to move on but you had to pop in the picture and ruin everything again " 

"I-I didn't m-mean it for hurting her I-" I didn't complete because I was already tearing, I was happy that I'll have my chance to explain everything but also sad for all the suffering I caused.

"Yeah yeah, whatever you asshole," Yugyeom said and went upstairs quickly. 

" What was that Jimin? " Taehyung asked. 

" Just hear me out, Mirae never listened to me, Suho never listened to me so please you give me the chance to explain myself, " I said with my voice low. 

He sat down and looked at me waiting for me to start talking so I sat down and took a deep breath. 

"It's true that being in a relationship with Mirae was a bet in the first place but it all changed when I fell for her I swear. I didn't cheat on her either, one of my ex-girlfriends was obsessed with me and angry with Mirae because I broke up with her because of Mirae, she was dangerous, she threatened me to hurt Mirae, of course, I didn't believe her but I couldn't just take the rest and test her evilness, I decided that I should just play games to shut her down until we educate so I can make sure Mirae's safe but Jinhee was smarter than me, she knew exactly what I was thinking so that day she just kissed me in front of Mirae and I kissed her back as a part of the play but I didn't know Mirae was standing. I changed for her and I love her, I never cheated but Jinhee was going to hurt her and this is the last thing I would want " I finished the long speech that I was hoping to tell Mirae and all of them gave me sympathetic looks, 

" Oh Jimin, how the hell have you been holding up without even telling a single soul about it, " Taehyung asked hugging me.

"Just because I hope and believe that the comeback is always stronger than the setback"

Futur me cringing while editing this chapter be like: what tf was that all about