Chapter 20: You what, mate?

Recap:

"Aw what happened?" Talia asked as they pushed the trolley across the car park towards Jenna's Land Rover.

"Logan Fell happened. He was my first love, first time, first everything, but he cheated on me and I was so hurt I left town. I only came back just before Miranda and Grayson died. Oh, they're Elena's parents," she added when Talia looked puzzled.

*10 mins later*

Jenna was asleep upstairs and Jeremy was still at Bonnie's. Alaric had texted to say he was staying at Damon's to work on some plan. In the kitchen, Caroline, Elena and Talia were giggling and eating ice-cream. The girls were tired but wanted to say up as it was their first holiday weekend tomorrow.

"Ok. No boys. No vampire tales. No drama," Caroline said as she held her spoon.

"Hear Hear," Talia giggled and Elena chuckled as she ate a huge spoonful of ice-cream.

Chapter 20:

In Talia's bedroom, three figures were seen sleeping soundly. As Talia's bed was king sized, all three girls had decided to sleep together, Talia in the middle and Elena and Caroline on each side.

A phone rang and Talia put a pillow over her own head. "Ugh, go away," 

Elena who was attempting to reach for her phone from the bedside table, fell off the bed with a thump. Stifling her giggles, Elena crawled towards the landing and answered Stefan's call. "Hey," she murmured as she patted her hair. Caroline groaned and pulled the duvet right over her own head.

"Hi, you wanna come to mine later? Everyone is out, and by everyone, I mean Damon" Stefan said.

Elena giggled before speaking right into the receiver. "We have a car wash at school. If we miss that then Caroline will kill us,"

"Caroline will also kill you if you don't let her sleep," Caroline grumbled as she turned and pulled most of the duvet with her. Elena giggled loudly, making Talia grunt and she threw a cushion at Elena who still giggled and bounded up, jumping on the sleeping figures. Talia gasped painfully as Elena's weight was on her back and her bruises pained. Realising too late, Elena scrambled off the bed and gasped "Oh my god. I'm so sorry. Oh my god, are you okay?" as she held her arms out to help Talia out of bed.

Caroline, whose hair resembled a bird's nest, was propped up on her elbows as she looked at Talia who was clutching her ribs with a pained expression. Looking at the rocking girl, confused, Caroline looked at Elena, who looked scared. "What's going on?"

"Hello?" Stefan was still on the phone. 

"It- It's okay," Talia tried to smile as she moved the duvet off herself. Elena still looked scared but Talia gave her a reassuring smile.

"Uh, what's happened?" Caroline asked as she stared from Elena to Talia. "You better not lie, I'll know."

"It's nothing. I'm still sore from jogging with Elena plus slipping in the shower and the bathroom didn't really help," Talia smiled as she helped herself out of bed. She looked at the clock and groaned. "Lena! You woke us up at this time?"

Elena looked at the time and saw it was 6:25am. Caroline groaned something about having to be up for the car wash later on so she needed sleep. Elena and Talia rolled their eyes at Caroline's back.

"Wanna jog?" Elena asked. Upon seeing Talia's bemused expression, she giggled before saying "a walk then?"

"We need to bake the cupcakes and muffins for the car wash," Talia sighed.