Chapter 117: The Crasher and the Crashee

Recap:

"Bring her back with magic?" Bonnie's voice broke. "I've tried. It won't work."

"Damn it," Caroline murmured as she stared at the broken shards on the floor.

"I can't help but think, and I feel awful for this, thinking that Stefan was right. It is Elena's fault that..." Bonnie looked down."

"I know..." Caroline nodded. "I feel awful for even- but I know what you mean."

"And..." Bonnie closed her eyes, "her funeral. I don't know if I can-"

"No, Bonnie," Caroline reached over and grabbed the witch's hand, "no, Bonnie, you can't miss the funeral, you mustn't!"

"Bu-"

"Do it for Talia," Caroline asked, "please?"

Bonnie held her breath before she nodded. "For Talia."

"Bonnie-" Caroline stopped talking. "Someone's at the door."

Bonnie nodded and waited as Caroline opened the door. "Who is i-"

There was an explosion and Bonnie was thrown against the wall. 

Chapter 117:

"For the millionth time, mom, I'm fine," Caroline sighed.

"You're fine when I say you're fine," Liz murmured as she closed her notepad. She looked at Caroline, "are you sure you didn't see anyone?"

"I am positive," Caroline tried to stand up, but felt woozy, "who would put vervain in a bomb?"

"You're lucky that's all it was," Bonnie spoke as she was wheeled into the room by Lexi. "Could've been a lot worse."

"Bon! How are you?"

"A bit sore, but I'll live," Bonnie looked at Lexi. "Thanks for pushing me around."

"No probs," Lexi murmured.

"Are you okay?" Bonnie asked.

"The... later..." Lexi blinked back tears, "hmm, anyone need a lift back? Sheriff?"

"No, thank you, I'll stay with Care," Liz smiled.

"But I want to go too," Caroline sighed, "oh, please, mom! I'm fine."

"Your breathing... the vervain," Liz was hesitant, "you're in the right place, honey, you and Bonnie. The doctors and nurses will take care of you."

"We can't miss it though," Bonnie pleaded. 

"Okay." Liz nodded. "Lexi, can you compel the doctor to discharge both Bonnie and Care?"

"Sure thing," Lexi did not smile as she walked out.

"Poor girl," Liz exhaled, "she's really been affected by all of this."

"We all have." Bonnie sniffled. 

*a couple of hours later*

"Hey,"

Bonnie looked up and smiled, "hey, Matt."

"How are you?"

"Not bad, considering Care's house was bombed and I barely made it."

"Any news on who did that?" Matt asked.

"No. Liz is looking into it." Bonnie grimaced as she shifted. 

"No wheelchair?"

"Don't need it," Bonnie murmured. "How are you? I didn't asked, sorry, Matt."