Chapter 98: Are You My Daddy?

Recap:

Klaus chuckled as Talia stalked off back to the car. "You certainly pissed her off, Cas."

"And I don't even have to try." Castiel murmured.

"So, you were telling me about this vampire," Klaus said. "How can you be sure it is her?"

"Because I have eyes and ears everywhere." Castiel sat down on the bench and sighed. "Nik, this is important. Talia's destiny is closer than you think. Once she gets her hands on Talia, it's game over for our favourite little witch."

"What does she want with Talia?" Klaus asked.

"She does not want Talia to fulfill her destiny. Hell, no supernatural does." Castiel picked up a pebble and skimmed it across the lake flawlessly. "She wants Talia dead and in order to do that, Talia will be sacrificed during the eclipse. One life for the lives of millions of supernatural creatures. Talia's life." Castiel looked up at Klaus sadly. "The eclipse is a few weeks away."

Klaus looked back at the car, where Talia was reading through Castiel's notebook, her eyebrows furrowed with concentration. "I'll be damned if that bitch thinks she can get her hands on my girl,"

"Be warned brother, she has a long fight ahead of her." 

Chapter 98:

***

"So Stefan told me what happened." 

"Did he also tell you how he had the perfect chance to tell Klaus to bring Talia back but he didn't use it?"

"Actually, he did," Caroline made herself comfortable in Damon's living room. 

Elena turned around, surprised. "He did?"

"Uh-huh," Caroline spoke, now eyeing Damon's drink supply. "And?"

"And nothing,"

"What do you mean, nothing?" Caroline threw her arms in the air, clearly exasperated. "Elena, you need to talk to Stefan. You can't leave it for too long. It'll all fester and then it'll all turn ugly. Talk to him."

"Why?" Elena asked.

"Look, why are you angry with him? We both know that if it was up to him, Talia and Klaus would be here in Mystic Falls. But that is literally not in his hands."

"I know..." Elena was now trying to avoid looking at Caroline.

"Well, if you know that, then why are you being such a bitch to him?"

"I'm not!" Elena sighed. "Since our... fight, I don't think we can face each other. It hurts too much."

"Hurts you or... Stefan?" Caroline asked.

"Both of us."

"Speak for yourself," Stefan spoke as he walked in. 

"Stefan!" Caroline exchanged a look with Elena, "what are you doing here?"

"Last I checked, I lived here." Stefan stopped and looked at Elena. "Look, if you think I have the means to influence Klaus, I'll ask him to bring Talia back home, okay? I miss her too, you know."

"I know," Elena smiled tightly. "Um..." Elena noticed a duffel bag Stefan was clearly concealing behind his back. "Are you going somewhere?"

"Yeah," Stefan looked anywhere but at Elena. "Yeah, I'm leaving town for a few days."

"How long exactly and why?" Elena asked.

Caroline looked from Elena to Stefan, nervously that they would start arguing again.