Chapter 110: Hello, Dad? No, This is Patrick.

Recap:

Talia, who was unable to sleep, was in the living room. She crouched down in front of the fireplace and sighed as she raised her hand. Talia held her breath as the flames grew. "Dad, please come back." Talia closed her eyes and repeated the words. "Please come back, daddy."

"Hey-"

Talia gasped and opened her eyes. "Jenna."

"Couldn't sleep? Me too," Jenna sighed as she sat down on the rug and looked into the fire. "Funny, isn't it? Coming back, I thought I'd want to sleep for weeks, but I'm wide awake. How come you're not asleep?"

"I can't fall asleep. I was talking to Klaus on the phone because I missed him and he was ready to come and get me. But I convinced him otherwise. I just can't fall asleep." Talia stared into the fire and sighed. "It's like I don't want to sleep because if I do, I'll wake up and all this will have been a dream."

"Oh, honey," Jenna reached over. "I'm not going anywhere."

"I know. I just wish Dad was here."

"I know you miss him, honey."

"He should be here with us," Talia's voice cracked. "I miss him so so much. Having you here, it hurts even more because he should be beside you. You know," Talia looked at Jenna, "when you died... dad changed. He wasn't the man I knew... I know I've only known him for a few months, but you know what I mean. He was drinking. Had alcohol in his school drawer. Would drunk dial Meredith. Oh... she was just... someone. He was just so... so sad and depressed. No life behind his eyes. And I could- I could see he was trying so hard for us, but he was barely holding it together."

"I know," Jenna murmured. "I miss him."

"I'm so sorry," Talia whispered, "I don't know how I brought you back and I- I wish I knew because I want to bring them back. My Nanna and Pappi, my... mum... and my dad." Talia began to chuckle as tears fell, "our old cat. I want to bring them all back."

"And you can..." Jenna murmured, her eyes twinkling.

"I can..." Talia's voice was barely a whisper, "tell me what to do."

Chapter 110:

"Must stay awake... must stay awake... must stay-" Talia's eyes burned as she rocked herself at the kitchen table. "Keep your ey- eyes open," Talia's head dropped down towards the table.

"Hey,"

"Hey-" Talia glanced up. "Hey, I'm okay."

"Are you?"

"Yeah, totally?" Talia sat up and stretched, "ouch, ouch, ouch, my neck, ouch." 

"You look like you hardly slept," Jenna smiled.

"I didn't." Talia yawned and stood up as she massaged the back of her neck. "Where did you sleep?"

"Guest room," Jenna tied up her hair and smiled at Talia, noticing the look on her face. "I just- I couldn't bring myself to go into my room... not since... anyway, have you had breakfast, honey?"

"I haven't been in your room since Dad died," Talia admitted. "I can't bring myself to even touch the door. Hurts too much..."

"Oh honey," Jenna put the frying pan down and walked over to Talia, who exhaled as she rested her head on Jenna's shoulder. "How about me and you go in together?"

"I'm scared," Talia whispered.

"No need to be, I'll be with you, every step of the way," Jenna sighed before she pulled away. "I'll never leave your side."