Chapter 99: I Have 99 Problems and You, My Friend, Just Made #100.

Recap:

"Speak, brother," Klaus spoke.

Stefan folded his arms, keen to hear this for himself.

"Fine," Castiel exhaled. "Are you ready?"

"Duh,"

"Are you sure? Because what I am about to tell you, it cannot be taken lightly."

"I am 100% sure."

Klaus looked worried as he watched his oldest friend take Talia's hands in his.

"Okay, little witch. Once I say this, there is no way I can take this back."

"Must you be so dramatic?" Talia chuckled nervously. "Tell me then!"

"On the eve of the eclipse, a switch will flick on in the mind of every supernatural that exists. Strangers," Castiel looked at Stefan. "Friends." Facing Talia again, he continued, "Every supernatural. Friends and foes. They will stop what they are doing at that moment. They will have one goal and one goal only."

Talia frowned. "But that's like, 2 million supernaturals- who has that kind of power? Apart from me? Do I even have that kind of power?"

"Maybe. And millions? Try tens of millions of supernaturals. Wolves, vampires, hybrids, the old ones. You name it, it'll be after you. Their goal is to find you and kill you, little witch."

Klaus was stunned while Talia paled. Stefan did not know what to say. 

****

Chapter 99:

"Here, you must be ravished."

"Not really hungry,"

"I find that hard to believe, I can hear your insides rumble. Yiu shouldn't deprive yourself of one of the finest things this world has to over." Klaus sighed when Talia did not smile. "How do you feel after hearing all that?" Klaus tried again. "You must eat, sweetheart, or you'll fall ill."

"It all feels like a bad dream, like I'll wake up any second and I'll be back home with Elena. You and I will be a secret and life will be good." Talia admitted before she smiled, accepting the brown paper bag from him. "You sound just like a mother, Klaus."

"It's my job to look after you, princess." Klaus sat down next to Talia and sighed as he took in the gloomy view of the beach. "Here, you're freezing." Klaus put his jacket around Talia's shoulders and wrapped an arm around her.

"Thanks." Talia snuggled against Klaus and exhaled softly, "is Stefan back yet?"

"No. Neither is Cas." Klaus looked at Talia and hesitated before speaking. "I have to say, I don't envy your position right now, love. I have seen a lot of things in my 1000 years, things that'll make your toes curl, but I don't envy your situation."

"Thanks a bunch for your kind words, Klaus," Talia scowled, pulling away from him. 

"No need to take that tone with me, princess," Klaus pulled Talia closer again and she did not wriggle away.

"Sorry. I know you have a point, but just- urgh-" Talia stood up and kicked an empty can across the car park that overlooked the beach. She sighed and looked at Klaus, who stood up. "I am shit scared, Klaus. I'm scared about what all of this means for me- for us." 

"Whatever it means," Klaus took Talia's hands in his, "we will deal with it together."

"I'm just scared. I don't want to lose you or anyone else. I'm somewhat happy and now new shit starts. I don't wanna lose you, Klaus. I've already lost so much. Don't wanna lose you too..."