Chapter 8: Burst Bubble.

Racap:

Talia was shocked and didn't know what to do. She pulled out her phone and walked upstairs, pretending that she didn't see what just happened. She felt bad for Andie even though she didn't like her. How could Damon treat her like that, twisting her arm?! He's a bloody psycho!

She was about to go back downstairs and give Damon a piece of her mind when she heard a ringing noise. Talia looked around her room, confused at where the noise was coming from. She knew it wasn't her phone as it was a different ring tone. She realised that it was her desktop, with Katie's ID popping up. The brunette smiled, forgetting all about Andie and Damon before running to her desktop and answering the call.

Chapter 8:

Talia was very glad to see the grinning faces of her friends Katie and Liam, who were on the bed, lying on their stomachs as they looked at Talia. She realised just how much she was missing them as soon as she saw their faces.

"Hey babe!" Katie squealed.

Liam winced. "Blimey Babe, you'll end up making me deaf." Chuckling, Liam rubbed his ears. "Hey, Tal."

"Shh," Katie nudged Liam before shushing him. "So how is everything? Do you like America? You miss us? We miss you!"

"Blimey, let me get a word in edgeways, mate," Talia smirked before sighing. "Oh my God, I have so much to tell you I don't even know where to start". Talia looked down at her lap and back at the screen, seeing Katie and Liam waiting eagerly for her to talk. "Basically, I've found my Dad and he is amazing. He's better than I expected. But as he had me when he was very young, he doesn't look old enough to be a father of a teenager, let alone an 18 year old girl!" This made Katie chuckle and Liam said he wouldn't have minded being a teenage Dad, earning a look from his girlfriend. "Anyway," Talia continued, "I've met him and his girlfriend. Her name's Jenna and she's so sweet. You know what?" 

Liam and Katie both chorused "What?" 

Talia continued, "I thought that she'd hate me as I've suddenly appeared in his life. But she's been amazing and even invited me to move in with them! So I moved in today. Jenna is the guardian of her niece and nephew, who are both orphans. They're really nice, too. Around my age."

Katie and Liam looked awed as Talia spoke, nodding occasionally whenever she paused. "Tell us more."

"There was this dinner party thing that was held in my honour tonight. All of Elena's friends, that's Jenna's niece, came and Dad's friend was there with his girlfriend. Ugh, PDA and that. It was gross to watch and I was the poor girl they were seated opposite!!" 

At this, Liam guffawed loudly, earning a what the hell look from both girls and upon seeing this, he resumed a sobered expression.

"We have a bone to pick with you young lady," Katie began, imitating her mother's voice accurately. Talia tensed and Liam, understanding what Katie was saying, put on a disappointed face before continuing. "On that day when we dropped you off at the airport, we found an envelope on our bed. Can you imagine what that was?" 

Talia shrugged her shoulders even though she remembered that she had left them money. 

"Well, let me show you," Katie got up and was out of the view of the webcam as Liam glared at Talia even though his eyes were about to give him away.

Approximately 20 seconds later, Katie was up and she held up a fat envelope and Talia looked at them sheepishly. "Oh, haha. That envelope. Ok guys, please don't yell. I left you the 500k as a way to thank you for all you've done for me. I mean, that night, you helped me. Even though you had no obligation to, you saved me from those bastards. I know it's not enough but yeah, my grandparents left me a bit of cash," Talia did not elaborate that she was left £16M as she still hadn't come to terms with it, despite it being almost a week since she spoke to Mr Goodman.