TRIIIIIIIAAAAALLLLLLL!!!!!

Toms POV:

"ORDER IN THE COURT!!!" Yelled Dec over the loud chattering of the people in the courthouse.

Everything turned silent...

"We gather here today for the trial of Tom Cassel, who has been accused of assisting in a murder, and suspected treason against the islan-"

"SUSPECTED?! I SAW HIM TORTURE TUCKER! HE'S GUILTY!" Yelled Sonja angrily.

"SILENCE!" Dec shouted.

Sonja went quiet, crossing her arms and looking away.

I sat in the trial cage, arms shackled above me, and legs weighted to the ground, my head hanging low.

"The accused has no lawyer, so is there anyone here who can defend him?" Said Dec.

Nothing.... and then....

"Technically...I'm qualified to defend him...." said a voice in the corner.

Everyone turned to look at the source, and I looked up wearily, surprised at who I saw there.

Standing there leaning against the wall, head facing down, was Nade...

"And what makes you, a Dianite, qualified to be a lawyer?" Declan questioned.

"This..." said Nade, holding up a certificate of law from a school no one knew of.

After dec checked if it was reliable, Nade came around back to the trial cage and opened the door.

"Nade. If you release him from the handcuffs at any point, you too will be prosecuted. You have 24 hours to make a case argument. Choose wisely..." explained dec.

I felt the chains holding my wrists up fall, and detach from the cuffs, as they fell to my front. The weights were removed from my ankles, and I felt a hand on my shoulder, guiding me backwards, out of the cage. My mind went blank for about five minutes, but the next thing I knew I was sitting on a chair in a room with bare walls and a desk in the middle, which the chair was under.

Nade sat at a chair opposite me across the desk, with an empty piece of paper in front of him, and a pencil.

"Soooooo......" I started.

"How ya doing?"

"..."

"Ok good talk...."

"Jeez you're almost as talkative as Diani-"

"YOU HAVE NO RIGHT TO SPEAK HIS NAME!" He yelled suddenly, making me flinch.

"HE GAVE YOU ONE JOB DUDE! TO MAKE SURE FURIA SUCCEEDS! AND YOU COULD'NT EVEN DO THAT! I AM A BETTER FOLLOWER THAN WHAT YOU EVER WERE!" He shouted angrily.

"BUT OF COURSE HE CHOSE YOU! HIS CHAMPION! CHAMPION MY ASS! I AM MORE LOYAL TO HIM THAN ANYONE! BUT NOOOO! IM NOT THE CHOSEN ONE! IM JUST THE SIDE BITCH!"

"N-Nade I-I....Listen dude....I'm really sor-" I stuttered.

"No! This is where you Zip It alright?! You failed so shut it! Dianites plan relies on you being out of jail! So we, no, I am going to win this trial for him! You just shut up and let me do the talking! We only have a day to prepare your case!" He half shouted.

I sat speechless as he started rapidly scribbling down on the paper in front of him, so fast that within a few seconds he broke the tip of the pencil, and yelled in frustration. I went to speak but he gave me a death glare. He started searching the drawers of the desk for another one, and groaned when he couldn't find one. I coughed loudly so I got his attention, and flung a pencil square into his forehead, sending it rebounding on the desk beside the paper gently.