Chapter 90:"Why?"

Start from the beginning

"What then?! Tell me that you've won and rub it into my face?! Congratulations! You literally got what you've wanted!" His voice and look is full of hatred. If looks could kill, I would be dead already.

Mr. Miller calmly stands up from the chair. He gently places his hands on Blake's and my shoulder. "Let us talk first, young men. There's no reason to fight now." His cold eyes bore into our souls.

Blake stares one last time at me and then releases his grip. He finally spots Mr. Miller beside him and takes a sit next to his mother.

He doesn't say anything and just stares at the floor, but I know damn well that he could jump at me any second. Like a wild animal, awaiting for his prey to be off guard.

As we take our seats, Mr. Miller starts. He hands his hand to Blake, who's looking lost for a moment. "It's been a while, Blake. Do you remember me?"

"Of course. How could I forget you, Mr. Miller." Despite his anger, he manages to stay respectful towards the man. He takes his hand and they hold an eye contact for a while.

"I know this is all so sudden, Son. I hope you can forgive me for keeping my identity a secret. I couldn't tell you who I was back then." Mr. Miller says. -I remember. That time when Blake had to 'fake date' my girl. I'm still jealous and mad about that.-

Blake just stares at him. "You've been keeping an eye on me for a while, I suppose."

Mr. Miller nods. "My daughter has nothing to do with it. I gave you permission to spend time with her, because she wanted it... That aside, I know things about you."

Blake clenched his fist together. "What exactly, Mr. Miller?"

"You secretly finished a Bachelor's Degree in Criminology, when you were 18. You're really advanced, I have to say."

Mrs. Anderson widens her eyes at her unimpressed son. He just squints his eyes and looks at him. "I had nothing else to do. You were secretly spying my papers?"

"It is part of our job."

Blake forcefully smiles and avoids eye contact. "Right."

"Listen, Son." Mr. Miller tries to get his attention, while Blake stubbornly keeps his eyes on the floor. "What I'm about to tell you might change everything."

The boy finally stares up like a curious child. "What do you mean?"

"Your father isn't, who you think he is." -straight to the point.-

Anger is clearly to be seen on his face. Blake slams his hands on the arm chair. "What makes you so sure about it, Mr. Miller? I don't understand."

"As I've predicted. You really have no clue... Mrs. Anderson." The man stares at the mother, whose hands are trembling. Blake notices it and his eyes suddenly flash concern and a mix of anger out.

"What?... Mom, what is he talking about?" His confusion, makes me pity him. "Mr. Miller?"

Mr. Miller doesn't react for a while and just looks at Lynn Anderson. She avoids eye contact and stares at her fingers. -She didn't tell him.-

"I... Can I talk to my son first?" She then asks and we nod.

"Of course. We will be waiting outside." Mr. Miller shortly answers and pats my shoulder. "Let's go."

I stand up and follow him out the door. I glance one last time at the mother and silent son, who's clearly confused, before I shut the door behind me.

______________________________________

-BLAKE-

As soon as the FBI is out of my sight, I turn to look at my mother. -She's hiding something from me! But why? Is it about me? What was Mr. Miller about to tell me?! Why is Charles involved in this!?... What the fuck is going on?! ... FUCK!-