Forgotten Feelings

Stampy's POV

I ran from the kitchen, out of the door, and stepped into the wet garden. There had been an torrential downpour this morning and everything in the environment was still recovering from it. I stared up at the twinkling stars in the clear, black sky. The first thing that came into mine was Sqaishey. There was no way on earth that she was dead. No way at all. I knew that she was out there, somewhere, breathing with a beating heart. That 'somewhere' would most likely be hospital. I knew that she hated that place and I didn't blame her at all for that, however, she would be looked after there. She would get proper food. She would get proper care. She would just get better overall. And once she was better then she would get out of that hospital and finally be free again; Never to go back into a place like that ever again. Well, unless she broke her leg or something yet the chances that something like that would happen are extremlely low. 

A cold breeze washed over my body, making the goosbumps on my bare arms rise upwards. I crossed them over each over and took a few steps forward. My socks were now caked in rain water, mud and grass. It would be a pain to get rid of that for sure. That didn't matter right now. What mattered was the fact that I needed to find out where Sqaishey was and when I could see her. Even if I could see her when she was fast asleep, it didn't matter! I just needed to look at her in real life. Just one, simple look and I would leave her alone until she got better. Which would only be a short while. Sqaishey is so close to getting better! That heart moniter in that hospital had to be either lying or broken. Around an hour after the moniter flatlined I came to the conclusion that she wasn't dead. When I vistied her she was she looked healthy, happy, and heck, she even laughed! So how could her heart just stop working like that?! It was insane! There was no way in this universe that something as stupid as that would happen! And if something like that did happen then it would be on the news or something, but right now this wasn't on the news. So it had to be fake. 

The back door opened and Squid walked out. I turned around and looked over at him. A few dried tears stuck to his face. Why the heck was he crying? Nobody had died at all. There was really no real reason why he was crying. I turned back around and stared at the cold, wet ground. I knew exactly what he was going to say next. It was about the fact that he thought that Sqaishey was dead. Key word: Thought. She wasn't dead! She was alive! I knew it! Even though none of the doctors at her hospital told me or Squid that she wasn't dead I had a feeling that it was true. I ran my fingers through my hair and sighed loudly. No matter how much that I told this to anyone they would laugh in my face or think that I was crazy. I don't know which one was better right now. Squid walked up next to me and placed his hand on my shoulder. Dispite how cold it was his hand felt strangely warm. 

We both stayed silent for a few moments. I didn't really want to talk if I was tottally honset. Nothing bad has happened yet I felt like that I wanted to burst into baby-like tears. After a while Squid took a step in a certain was so that he was standing right in front of me, around half a meter away. I noticed that there was a saddened expression on his face. Why the hell was he so sad today! Nobody was dead or hurt at all! I kicked the sloppy my over to my left, frustrated out of my mind. Over the last two days everybody that I knew kept on ringing me up, in tears, asking how I was dealing 'with the death', even though nobody, including Sqaishey, was dead! She wasn't dead at all! I kicked a slopply ball of mud again, more angry then I was before. Squid placed both of his hands on my shoulder and squeezed me extremely tightly. He probably was going to make my shoulders black with bruises tommorow. I pushed him back as hard as I could and started to make my way towards the gate, yet before I could even step onto the slightly grassy gravel path Squid wrapped his arms around my stomach and pulled me backwards. The action was so sudden that I was almost sick all over myself. 

"Stampy...Come on mate. You need to get out of this denial state. I'm going to tell you the truth right now, okay? Sqaishey. Is. Dead. She. Is. Not. Alive. Anymore." I raised my arm up and did something that I never thought that I would do in the whole of my life. I clenched my fist and punched Squid right in the middle of his face. Only mere moments later blood spurted out of his nose. "What the fuck was that for? I hate...you..." I pushed him back again, making him fall into the mud.