Life On Your Back

Sqaishey's POV 

Crystal and the other nurse left after they finished putting three more straps over me. Another two on my chest and one that could be undone crossing over my thighs. All of them were horribly uncomfortable. Especially the one crossing over my bare thighs. The thick leather dug into my skin, casuing red and angry marks to rise up to the surface of my pale skin. I stared up at the plain ceiling. The only reason there was a light shining up their eailer was so they could see where they were placing the splints. As if they could mistake my arm for something else! It was stupid! I looked over at where the window was. The curtains had been pulled back a crack so I could see into the hallway. I craned my neck upwards and tried my best to see what was happening. There was a few people, mainly nurses, walking along the squeaky floor. Some of them pushed trollys, wheelchairs and even hospital beds. Each paitent I saw looked dead. I had a awful feeling that I was going to turn up like one of those people very, very soon. 

I stayed like this for a few minites until I saw Crystal herself walking down the hallway. In her hand she was holding a silver tray that had a few things in it. I flopped my head back down onto the hard matress and closed my eyes. I knew that if I was awake I would have to indure so many embarrassing things such as being spoonfed, washed with the chance that somebody would come in on me and seee me...Yea...as well as the dreaded bedpan proceedure. So if I was asleep then hopefully she wouldn't bother with any of those things. I mean, she had to let me sleep, right? Isn't sleeping meant to help you fight dieases such as the dreaded 'C' one? So surely she had to let me sleep for at least an hour longer? I heard the door that led into my room open and close seconds later. There was a few seconds of complete silence until I felt my bedsheets get pulled from of my body. I felt a small jolt of fear run through me. Was she just going to clean me while I was fast asleep?!

I refrained from opening my eyes or talking in any way though. Maybe if I just stayed quiet and pretended that I was alseep Crystal might come back in an hour or so. I felt a hand on my shoulder. If she was going to shake me awake then I had no chance. I was going to have to endure everything that she said earier. I felt tears prick up in my eyes. Why couldn't they put me into a coma? It would have been much more better than this! Even if I didn't wake up then at least I wouldn't have to worry about anything else for the rest of my life! I wouldn't have to worry about realtionships, family...My own freaking child...How could Stampy just give him away like that?! How? Did he even care about his own child anymore and give him away just because he hated him!? Ugh, surely not. Stampy isn't like that. He probably gave him away so that he couldn't look after him properly anymore. That's what it seemed like to me at least.

"Beth? Hello? Can you please wake up?" Crystal whispered. I thought about staying alseep and waiting until she left, yet after a while she spoke again. "Please wake up, after I clean and feed you you're allowed to see somebody." I mentally sighed and let my eyes flutter open. Crystal was standing over me and in her hand she was holding the dreaded bedpan. At once I could feel my face turn a bright red. Was I really going to have to use it? If so, exactly how did you use it? I just thought that bedpans were just like pots or something weird like that. So how was I meant to use it when I was chained down to a bed? "How are you feeling?" She asked. I gave her a split second death stare. How did she think that I felt? I was stuck to a bed for what seemed like the rest of my bloody life! "I know you're probably not feeling well, but you want to look nice for this visiter, right?" I weakly nodded, not wanting to argue. 

I knew that it was Stampy. I just knew it. Who else could it be? I craned my neck up and tried to see out of the window. I didn't think that I would be able to see him, or any other people for that matter, yet he was standing right outside of my room. He was on the other side of the hallway, leaning up against the pale blue wall. His face was ghastly pale and the whole of his body was shivering. What on earth had happened to him? I rested my head back down on the matress and looked back up at Crystal again. I guess I had no other choice but to deal with all of the embarressing stuff. Hopefully I would be out of this hospital soon, or let out of these stupid splints incasing me to my bed. And besides, at least I have a new, much nicer nurse. If I had to go through this with my old nurse then it would be the worst expreicance of my entire life.