Angry Parents

Stampys POV

I woke up to the sound of the door being knocked on, well, more like punched on. It sounded like somebody was trying to break the door down! I groggily sat up and stared around the pitch black room. How early in the morning was it? Though the darkness I looked over at Sqaishey. She was curled up in a perfect semi-circle shape. Her long, light brown hair was pulled up into a messy style bun, and she was snoring quietly. I kissed her on her cheek as gently as I could as I didn't want to wake her.

Bang!

Bang!

Whoever this person was they were persistent. I gave off a small sigh and grabbed my phone from the bedside table. I still had yet to buy a proper alarm clock. With everything that has been going on recently though I just hadn't found the time to do so. I pressed the button on the side of my phone and waited for a few seconds while. I got blinded by the sheer light. It was a shock that neither Sqaishey or her son woke up in a panic. Once my eyes had calmed down from the light, I had to blink furiously when I saw the time. 2:37! It was two thirty seven! Who the heck was knocking at this time?

I swung my legs over the side of the bed and crept over clothes. My heart was beating in time to the loud knocks coming from the other side of the door. Why was I so scared? It was probably Squid! He did go out to visit his brother this evening so he's probably locked out! He always gets locked out! When I opened up the door that lead into the hallway though I saw that the man himself was leaning against the wall, a concerned expression covering his face. He glanced over at me briefly when I wandered into the hallway but then went back to watching the door again.

The knocking on the door got even more louder and harder. So hard in fact that the whole of the door started to rattle and shake in the thin doorframe. Whoever this person was he really wanted to get in and see us. But who the heck was he? Or she? A police officer seemed like the logical answer as they could be chasing Sqaishey, yet they would have already given up by now right? There wasn't any chance at all that it could be a crazed fan, wanting to see us. Nobody but me, Squid, and Sqaishey knew my address. Should we just wait it out? That seemed like the normal thing anybody would do but I had a suspicion that if we did so, then the person would just break the door down and come in anyways.

I took a deep breath and took small steps towards the door. I placed my hand upon the cold door handle and waited for a few seconds. It was times like these that I wished our door had one of those peep-holes in it. So you could see out and into the hallway. Yet we didn't. I was going to have to do it the old fashioned way. I dug my nails into my palm and swung the door open.

Standing in the doorway was a man. He had a buzz cut hairstyle, was slightly shorter than me, and he also had crystal blue eyes. The same eyes that Sqaishey had. No...It couldn't be Sqaisheys farther could it? How the heck did he find out my address? I was about to slam the door back on him when he shoved past me and stormed over to Squid. He started to shout right in his face about Sqaishey, and how it was her fault that she ran away from home. What? How on earth was it's Squids fault?! How!? If it was anybody's fault it was mine!

He started to fight back, pushing Sqaisheys farther away from him and shouting abuse back. Somebody was going to get something broken today I just knew it. I stood in silence for a few moments, not knowing what on earth I should do. There was really only one thing I could do...As I couldn't talk 'sassy', I couldn't stand up for my self and I couldn't punch somebody to save a life.

I ran over to them and placed myself in between them. The whole of my blood felt like it was burning. Burning with fear.

He stared at me for a few seconds, his face turning from pale, to red, to purple in the time of only three seconds. I was about to run into my bedroom to grab Sqaishey and her son but before I could do so Squid grabbed my hand and ran into the bathroom. He locked the door and pressed his back against the white painted wall. I almost punched him right in his face. How could he just leave Sqaishey in possible danger like that?! Ugh, I say possible; her farther is going to burst though the door to my bedroom, see her, and then most likely going to start shouting at her. I lifted Squids arm and slapped him as hard as he could.