Nights

Stampys POV

When I finished bandaging Sqaisheys arm up I carried her over to my bed where I laid her down. She crawled underneath the covers and tried her best to muffle her loud sobs. I wonder what's going though her head at the moment? Why did she decide to try and kill herself? Why! It made no sense whatsoever. Was it because she couldn't handle the pressure of looking after her child? I mean all first time parents are scared, there's no doubt about that yet this-This was different. I don't think you can be so scared of something the only choice left is to physically slice your skin open. 

I backed out into the hallway and into the living room. Squid was sitting on the sofa, cradling the baby in his arms. The baby was wide awake yet I think he must've tired himself out from all that screaming/crying as only small whimpers were escaping from his lips. He was hungry as heck. I wandered into the kitchen and grabbed the small, plastic bottle that I had brought today, some full fat milk and started to prepare the tiny meal. Once I had finished pouring the milk into the bottle I made my way back into the living room. Squid automatically handed me the baby and I tried my best to settle him in one arm as I crept back into the bedroom. 

Sqaishey was still lying underneath the covers, now making no effort to muffle her sobs. She was sitting with her back pressed up against the wall, practically screaming her lungs out. She was afraid of becoming a Mother. I knew it. Everything that she did or ever since the baby was born could always be leaded down to stress. Her not sleeping, checking up on her baby every ten minutes, not wanting to eat, crying and now...Cutting. Possibly trying to end her life! If I walked in on her any later then she might not be even alive right now! I sat down on the bed with her baby in my arms and started to pass him to her when she did the most shocking thing that I have ever seen anybody do...In the whole of my life. 

She slapped her own child. 

Right on the head. Right on his scalp. Seconds after she done it a small, light green bruise started to show up on his still pink head. I almost dropped him I was that shocked. W-What? Why the heck would she do something like that?! I would understand if she was trying to smack my hand away. But her child's? Her own son's? What?! She closed her eyes tightly and curled up on the floor. My heart was pounding and the rest of my body felt shaky. We both made eye contact. Her eyes were bloodshot and teared filled. 

"Sqaishey?" I breathed, standing back up. If she hurt the baby again then I would have to probably get some type of therapy for her. 

"St-St-Stamp-Stamp-y-Stampy...I don't know-Know what's wrong with me? I don't-don't even want...Want to live anymore! Stampy...Please help me." She whimpered. She buried her face in her hands and started to sob all over again. "I'm going insane Stampy! I'm going insane!" She started to scream. I quickly ran over to the corner of the room, placed the baby on the second blanket/bed thingy and ran back over to Sqaishey again. The second after I sat down she gripped onto my arm and started to cry into my chest. I could feel every single tear that ran down her face. 

I tried my best to console her by patting her back and running my fingers though her tangled hair. It seemed to help a little bit but it didn't help as she was still sobbing loudly. So loudly that it caused her baby to start crying all over again. Jeez, this was stressful. She had to deal with this all the time! Yet you shouldn't go ahead and literally injure yourself to deal with it. Sqaishey always knew that she could come and tell me if she was feeling either down, stressed, or just angry. So why didn't she...Why? I looked down at her tear stained, sunken and pale face. Small strands of hair stuck to her forehead with sweat. 

She pulled away from me and crawled over to the corner of the bed where she pulled her knees up to her chest and sobbed into them. Her baby was crying much more loudly than it was before now. I picked him off from the blanket bed and walked back to the bed. I did keep him away from Sqaishey just in case she hit him again. I knew she wouldn't but I was still a little bit scared. Why would she even hit him anyways? Was she really going insane or was it because of all the stress in the last two days? I just don't know. I don't think she could have post-traumatic-stress-disorder or whatever it was called, right? She wouldn't get something that like, Sqaishey's far too happy to get a mental illness. Right? She's hardly ever been sad in front of me, apart from now.