Trusting Him

Stampy's POV

The next day I woke up with a smile on my face and feeling ten times better. Squid was right. Writing down my feelings did work. I swung my legs over the side of the bed and stood up. For once I didn't feel a wave of dread washing over me. Smirking, I went into the bathroom where I showered, brushed my teeth, washed my face and used the toilet. Once I was done I looked at myself in the mirror and for once, I actually felt confidant in the way that I looked. I smiled to myself before unlocking the door and walking out into the hallway. Squid was leaning up against the wall that was outside of the bathroom, looking down at his phone with a goofy smile spread across his face.

I took a small step towards him and peeked over his shoulder. On the screen was a text conversation between him and somebody called 'Nicole'. I tapped Squid on his shoulder, causing him to make a small yelping noise and drop his phone. I chuckled as he gave me a fake death stare and bended over to pick his phone up again. As he did so my phone started to ring, signifying that I had a call. Sqaishey came into my mind instantly. I ran into my room, picked up my phone, pressed answer call and held it up to my ear. A nurse started to speak to me, scaring me a little bit.

"Hello? I would like to inform you that today, for a whole twenty four hours, you can bring your friend out of the hospital. Its part of a new scheme that we are doing. I'll explain once you get here. Okay, bye!" With that the nurse hung up, leaving me in a state of shock and joy. By the word 'friend' I knew that they meant Sqaishey. I was allowed to bring her out of the hospital for a whole day!? I jumped up and started to punch the air. I was so happy! I would be able to see what she looked like without any wires or tubes trailing around her body! I turned my phone off, slipped it into my pocket, and ran back into the hallway.

Squid was still standing in the exact same place that he was when I walked out of the bathroom. Leaning against the wall, smiling, staring down at his phone. I was starting to think that he had some sort of crush of this 'Nicole' person. I closed my bedroom door behind me and walked into the kitchen, where I made myself some tea as well as a small bowl of cereal. I was feeling a little bit more better than I was a few days ago so I thought that I possibly had the chance that I would be able to eat a small meal without throwing up. I took the small china bowl, as well as the steaming hot cup and placed them on the dining table. In the early morning light they actually looked quite nice. I sat down on the table and began to eat.

Halfway through my cereal Squid walked into the kitchen, a hint of a smile on his face. He wans't looking at his phone yet I knew that the smile was caused by the thing. He made himself some toast and tea before sitting down opposite me and pulling out his phone. At once he started to text this infamous 'Nicole' person again. With every bite of toast he ate he sent another text. The same went with every sip of tea he took. After a while he did put down his phone so he could look up and look at me. The biggest smile was stuck onto his face. He was happy alright. I also noticed that there was a small blush rising up on his cheeks.

"So, why are you smiling so brightly? Is it due to this "Nicole' person?" I asked. The blush that was on his cheeks got a lot brighter much faster. He chuckled nervously.

"Y-Yea...I really like her. We have been talking for a while and...Now...I kind of want to ask her out on a date." He paused as if he was pondering about something. "How do I ask her that question though? Like, what should I say?" I raised my eyebrows at him.

"Why on earth are you asking me this question? I have a girlfriend, but heck, Squid, I don't know how to really deal with girls! You know that..." I trailed off. I hated admitting this...Squid would most likely make fun of me. "You might NOT know that I'm a virgin...So you're asking the wrong person, mate." He burst into a fit of laughter.