Final Moments?

Sqaisheys POV

It had been two months. Two months since I last saw Stampy. And I knew why. On the same day that I came back from the day out that I had with him and Squid...They done a scan on my chest after I complained that I found it hard to breath. I wish that I said nothing. They checked my lungs to see if the illness had spread there. I lit up like a lightbulb. Both of my lungs were pure white. I couldn't belive the doctor when she told me. All I could do was stare at her in shock. When the news did finally finally sink in though I spent the next few days doing nothing but vomiting because of the shock. Or the new medication that they had to give me. I stared down at my chest, hating it. Why was this happening to me? Why? Why do the bad things in life always happen to me? I flopped back on my bed and stared up at the same ceiling that I had been staring at every single day for the last sixty days or so. There wasn't much to do in this ward. Well, the other ward was boring too but this one was just...even worse. No sounds could be heard from around me because all of the paitents, including me, had been told that talking just made our stupid cancer progress to other parts of our body.

I ran my fingers through my ever so slightly thicker hair and groaned loudly. I didn't even want to be stuck here! Heck, nobody does! But why don't they let visiters see me? Tons of people came to visit everybody else! So why not me? It was so unfair! Why couldn't they let Stampy see me? Or my only son! Why wasn't he allowed to see me! I really did hope that Kendal was okay. Or else I wouldn't be able to live with myself! Tears stung in my eyes at the very thought of my son getting sick, or getting poorly treaten. Even though that I knew Stampy would never let anything like that happen. Of course he wouldn't. Would he? Maybe he hasn't come around to visit me because he has been so wound up in looking after Kendal and recording his vidoes. That did seem like a likely explantion. I closed my eyes and listened to the only sound that existed at six at night. The beeping that surronded me. From all the machines that were keeping me alive. Mixed in with all of these beeps was the sound of...What I could describe as a whining sound.

It was coming from the machine that pumped oxygen into me. It bascially consisted of a green, metal tube and coming out of the tube was a thin, see through wire that wrapped itself around my face and went up my nose. It worked well but at night, it took over my breathing for me. Which sucked. I pulled the sleeve of my pajama shirt over my stick thin wrist and brought my hand up to my nose. The soft, fuzzy material made my body tingle in the good kind of way. Luckily the hospital was kind enough to let me wear the ducky PJ's instead of the thin, short hospital gown. It smelt of hospitals because they had to clean it incase it had any types of virues on it that could harm me further, but there was still a hint of Stampy's natural scent. I pulled the thin blankets further up my body and started to daydream. The only kind of enterianment that I had here. Luckily I was by a window so, on the days that I had enough strength, I could haul myself out of bed and look out of the window. The view outside was actually quite nice.

The ward I was in overlooked the playing field. It was a bright green, grass covered area of land that was filled with bright flowers. Most days the paitents who were healthy enough went out in that filed and walked around. I asked my nurse a few times while she was sorting out my medication and stuff if I could go out there one day, yet all she did was laugh and tell me that 'with the state that your lungs are in, that won't be happening for a while'. To this day I still wondered what the word 'while' meant in the medical world. It could mean weeks to months to years to decades. At that moment the curtains surronding my bed got yanked opened and somebody walked in. I opened my eyes and stared up at my main nurse who was holding a clipboard in her hands. I reached out to the grey remote that was placed on the table next to me and pressed the button in which made the front end of the bed lift up so that I could sit up with no effort.

Then the hour process of her checking me over began. She made me lift up my arms to see how long I could hold them there, she checked my weight to see how the medicene was affecting that, and then she checked other stuff which was was too embarrassing to even think about. Stuff like checking my urine, my sweat for some odd reason, but the worst one of all was the 'independence test'. It was how long I many breaths I could take without the aid of the oxygen tank. As soon as she took the small wire from off my face my lungs felt like they were getting filled up with water, my mouth turned dry and my nose filled up with liquid. It was horrible. I watched in utter horror as it happened right now. Only this time it was worse. My chest got tight, my lungs felt like that they were being filled up with water, my nose got blocked and a sticky substance filled up inside of my mouth. It was like when you have a cold and you sniff, and the mucus somehow ends up in your mouth. I opened my mouth and tried to take a breath in. It didn't work.