Café Visit And Missing Clothes

Stampy's POV

I felt the worst amount of guilt that I had ever felt in forever. Why did my stupid phone decide too die on me today? Of all days?! Because of that Sqaishey was left out in the rain, alone, having a panic attack, and there was nobody else there to calm her down! I knew that I had to make it up to her somehow. I didn't really know that much about her, and the kind of stuff she liked to do. Maybe I could ask her a few questions when we got to the café and warmed up a bit. Jeez, she really did need warming up. Her whole body was covered in wet mud and rain water, as well as her fingers and face having small patches of black oil from the train. Yet, even though she probably looked her worse, she still looked kinda cute. Wait...What the heck was I saying? Calling my best friend cute?!

The café came into view and luckily, only a few people where in there. A older couple, and a group of teenagers with a whole load of binders, papers, and pens. It was the winter holidays at the moment so my only guess is that they were doing some kind of homework or project. Sqaishey had just finished school but we still decided to meet up at the start of the winter holidays...For a reason I forgot about. Even though I did forget the reason why we chose to meet up at this time, I still wouldn't forget Sqaishey! And in the next week...I want to show her that.

As soon as we walked into the coffee shop the strong smell of cinnamon and chocolate hit my nose. During the highlights of different seasons the special drinks they made during those times had a wonderful scent. I smiled to myself before gently leading Sqaishey too a small booth that was tucked up in a corner, right next to the window. I rested my head on the ice cold glass and stared out onto the street. Even though it may sound extremely weird, whenever I am by a window in a restaurant I always have to stare at the people outside.

Now whenever I try to explain this to somebody they always think that I am either weird, or insane. But the thing is, all of those people you see, have back-stories they are walking somewhere, they might be visiting their family, you just don't know! They might be trying to force back tears, or trying not to laugh at an inside joke. It's strange, yet cool at the same time. I sat back in the comfy seat and look over at Sqaishey, who happened to be also staring out the window. She had taken my jacket, and her sweatshirt off, showing off her shirt that she was wearing. It was a plain white shirt with a pink heart on, and inside of the pink heart it read: Everybody hates me. Even though I knew the shirt was a joke it still kinda took me back for a moment.

"Sqaishey? Are you feeling better?" I asked. She nodded weakly, before shutting her eyes and placing her head down on the small, wooden table. "Really? You don't look alright. Are you sure you forgive me?" She nodded again. "Sqaishey? Hey, Sqaishey? Are you mad at me?" I was starting to think that she was. She had all the rights to be. I did pick her up late after all. She lifted her head and opened her eyes an inch.

"I'm not mad at you...It's...It's just that...Most of my old friends used to always forget me. One of them would say 'Oh lets me up in town! It will be great fun!' so I would go to the town and they would just forget to pick me up...So when you actually did show up...And apologise...Thank you!" Sqaishey mumbled, wiping away a tear with her hand. I leaned over the table and pulled her into a hug. From the table at the back, I could hear the older couple make an 'aww-ing' sound.

When I pulled away the waitress walked over to us and started to take our orders. I ordered what I usually got, which happened to be a cinnamon latte and Sqaishey ordered a white chocolate mocha, which I had actually never tried before. Once the watteriss walked away Sqaishey put the small drinks menu back on the little stand and rested her elbows onto the table.

"So...What's been going on in your life?" I asked. She chuckled slightly. She actually looked really adorable when she-no! I'm not saying that again! Why do I keep letting myself think these kinds of thoughts? It's not like I had a crush...on...her. No! Just...Just try and forget it Stampy!