V O I C E by CLOUD

Long ago, when the pyramids were still young. Egyptian kings played a game of great and terrible power. But these Shadow Games erupted into a war that threatened to destroy the entire world, until a brave and powerful Pharaoh locked the magic away. Imprisoning it within the mystical Millennium items. Now, 5000 years later, a boy named Yugi unlocks the secrets of the Millennium Puzzle. He is infused with ancient magical energies, for destiny has chosen him to defend the world from the return of the Shadow Games, just as the brave Pharaoh did, 5000 years ago.

Yu-Gi-Oh! logo then appears onscreen.

読み切れない 雑誌のページ

Yomikirenai zasshi no pēji

I didn't finish reading a page of the magazine.

読まなくちゃ いけない気になるよ

Yomanakucha ikenai ki ni naru yo

It gets to me that I have to read it.

部屋の隅 つまれたゲームソフト

Heya no sumi tsuma reta gēmusofuto

Games are gathered in a corner of my room.

Little Yugi is then seen in a dark area with his eyes closed and arms spread out with images of himself and Yami Yugi appearing.

やらなくちゃ 意味がないのかな

Yaranakucha imi ga nai no ka na

Do they have no point if I don't play them?

Yugi's Millennium Puzzle starts glowing and he then turns into Yami Yugi.

テーブルの向こうの君に しゃべりかけているのに

Tēburu no mukō no kimi ni shaberi kakete iru no ni

Even though I'm talking to you across the table

Kaiba is then seen on top of Blue-Eyes White Dragon, while Yami Yugi is seen on top of Curse of Dragon. Then their two respective dragons started to attack one another.

君は表情一つ かえてはくれない

Kimi wa hyōjō hitotsu kaete wa kurenai

You won't change a single expression for me.

Yami Yugi is then seen holding a card as monsters such as Dark Magician, Celtic Guardian, Summoned Skull, Gaia the Fierce Knight and Exodia the Forbidden One appeared with him.

こんなに 近くに 僕がいるのに

Kon'nani chikaku ni boku ga iru no ni

Even though I'm so close to you

Joey is then seen in frames, as well as Tristan and then Tea and finally Euphie. Bakura is then seen as Yami Bakura appears in image form.

届かない 届かない この思いを

Todokanai todokanai kono omoi o

My feelings can't reach you, can't reach you.

The group then look up as Pegasus stares down at them.

本当に大切なこと 何かな

Hontōni taisetsu na koto nani ka na

So I wonder what's truly precious to me.

The five then feel determined at the very moment, as if they were ready face Pegasus head on.