Ransom Note // Malachai x Maria Jones (requested)

This is a request for @mariahoee1 ~ hope you enjoy this imagine! It was fun to write 😊

Maria Jones. Jugheads younger sister. And when I say younger sister, only by a month. Not only was Maria the Serpent Kings' sister, but she was the Serpent Queen. Betty didn't think the roll fit her good-girl persona. And this Serpent Queen earned her place at the top, however unlike most of the Serpent members, she had a job. A proper job.
As Maria begun to close Pops, she went to hang up her apron and brush herself down. A black shadow scaling the inside of the diner made Maria jump. The petite girl was alone, with the Black Hood roaming around, no one was safe. Suddenly, a clatter sounded in the kitchen, she cautiously walked towards the noise when she was pushed back into the counter. The hand slammed a note down before leaving hastily.

Shaken up, Maria picked up the note. Her heart sunk. It was a ransom note. Not just any old ransom note, but one from the Black Hood.
He ordered her to meet him in Fox Forest, preparing a name ready for him to take out...and she would have to help.
Shoving the note in her bag, she grabbed her belongings and left, terrified of what will come.
Maria headed back to her brothers trailer and placed her bag down. That night she lead in bed thinking of what tomorrow would bring. Is it a trap or will he let her go.

The sun shone through the window signalling the start of a new day. Usually the young girl would be happy for the weekend, only she dreaded today.
Darkness fell and Maria took a deep breath, stepping into the forest. Cruisers ran past but she continued to ignore them and head towards the exact location. A figure dressed in a balaclava stood, back turned away from her.
He turned around, the blue eyes pierced her soul. A sudden chill came over her as she grew more scared by the moment.

Back at Jughead's trailer, Jug needed to borrow some notes from his sister. Because her work bag was also her school bag he decided to check there first, not wanting to snoop in her room.
When pulling out the notes, a folded piece of paper fell and hit the floor. Furrowing his brows he picked it up and began to read.
"You must meet me in Fox Forest tomorrow noon with a name prepared, then we both will carry out a deed. One less sinner. Tell anyone, face the consequences." Soon Jughead realises that this was no ordinary letter. But a letter from the Black Hood. No way would he let his sister put herself in danger. Realising she worked last night, he knew that it meant she was there right now.
Quickly Jughead rallied up the Serpents to free his sister, a surprising face showing up too.
"Malachai this is an important mission, what do you want?" Jughead questioned the curly haired boy. "I want to help."

Back in the forest, the Black Hood didn't seem interested in the girls words, a cloth was placed over her face and swiftly, the petite figure slipped into unconsciousness. Daylight began to break through, Maria's eyes fluttered open. She was out in the cold, tape over her mouth and her body strapped to a tree with rope. The masked man crouched down besides her, a blade in this hand, "one wrong move- " he began, raising the knife, "and your dead" the man put the sharp blade to his throat, carrying out a swift action to warn her.

A branch snapped nearby catching both Maria's and the Black Hood's attention.
"Maria!" She heard her brothers voice. The Black Hood, stood still figuring what to do next. Before they knew it, the man dropped the knife and ran, furious Serpent members trailed behind running as fast as they could to catch up. Malachai and Jughead picked up the knife and cut her free also ripping off the previously placed tape from her lips.
"Jughead." She breathed happy to see him and bringing him into an embrace.
Her smile grew as she saw Malachai, also pulling him in for a hug.
Jugheads expression changed to confused, why was Malachai hugging his sister?
"What's going on?" He asked.
"The reason I wanted to help was to save your sister yes, but also to protect her, she means so much to me, I can't loose her..." The curly haired boy trailed off.
"We're dating Jug." Maria announced in a 'duh' tone. Jugheads face fell. But soon was replaced by a slight smile. Patting Mal on the shoulder, "you proved yourself today, I'm not mad," Jug reassured them.
"Let's get back."