Chapter 17

Arlo contemplates whether he really should pursue John. When it comes to him, things were just so difficult. He's only sure for a second, and then unsure the next moment. Everything on his mind was mixed up, with guilt, feelings and confusion about all of this. When he've thought about everything again, he only becomes more confused than he already is.

The blond was no longer under the impression that he was right with whatever he believed in.

Remi knows everything he've done with John now, and the fact that he had been hiding an ability.

If there's something he didn't tell her, it was the fact that he was John's soulmate. If the blond told her, she'll only urge him to approach John more and kneel if he had to.

Perhaps, it was really what Arlo should do, but what would it even accomplish? Even if he begged on his knees, John wouldn't easily forgive him, and if he really want John's forgiveness, he had to work for it in other ways.

Above all, there was something that kept on holding him back; it was the lie he've told John.

The lie wherein he told him that he've never gotten John's words on his arms.

If Arlo were to admit to him that, John would be hurt-- he'll really never trust Arlo again. Still, how can he pursue John while hiding a lie like this?

Arlo was dumb. He never wanted John, from the moment he knew, the first thing he've thought was hiding it from him. And now, Arlo kept getting confused with the feelings he had. Would he still feel the same if he never found out? If John was never hurt? Was this even genuine?

He've asked that to himself a hundred of times, but there was still uncertainty whenever he sees John.

It wouldn't be long until he part with this school, and graduates. He doesn't have enough time to help him, he was busy with being a king and--

He said that he won't leave him alone won't he? Arlo is a coward, and the biggest hypocrite among all.

He stopped bringing drinks to John, after his talk with Remi, and her expressing how disappointed she was with what he've done, he realized that bringing drinks wouldn't change anything. He've thought of really facing John again and proving how serious he is, but maybe, he's just... Scared.

Scared of hurting him again, seeing that they always end-up arguing, and Arlo's words weren't really the softest. Scared of the lie he've told him, and John not being able to trust him again.

Now, he's staring at the dark haired man, sitting alone on the cafeteria. It doesn't last much longer though, because Remi approached him soon enough.

The blond could barely see his face, since he was seated four tables away, but even from afar, John still looked like a mess.

He appeared to be annoyed with the presence of the pink haired girl. However, just like what Remi said, John still sat on the same place.

Arlo wished he could hear or see them more properly, but he was with Holden right now, and as much as he wanted to watch, his friend was already suspicious of his increased interest with John for the whole month.

And so, Arlo only steals a glance a few times, pretending to be listening with what Holden was saying.

"... There was even this event where..."

The blond turns his head again, Remi was still there, and so is John. No one appears to be speaking, and the dark haired man seemed a little calmer.

"The drop rate of items were doubled, and they keep on giving..."

Should Arlo approach John?

"I swear, the boss was so difficult! One hit from him and I..."

Should he give him more time?

"What about you Arlo, I heard there'll be a ball for the 3rd years and 4th years soon, is it true?

"Yes." the blond sighed, "I mean, no. I'm not supposed to reveal this."

It was something the whole royals have been occupied with lately, planning the event, writing documents, and getting approvals, finding sponsors-- It was a wrong timing. Arlo had been too distracted recently, and he'd been overlooking some of the deadlines he've set.

"Before, you won't even make a mistake like this." Holden commented, "You're so out of yourself recently. Well, on the bright side, thanks for the leaked info!" his friend laughed.

The blond glared at him, turning his head to look at John afterwards.

Holden noticed all of it, him constantly looking at the cripple's direction. It was really too much to ignore or make fun off, he've jokingly asked Arlo if he had feelings for John once, and his friend appeared shocked, obviously hesitant before denying his suspicions.

John doesn't have the best reputation. For one, he's a cripple, and two, his pictures have been seen by almost the whole campus already. He seemed to have a few loose screw on his head too, with the way he acts and all. It's really a wonder why Arlo seems to be smitten with this guy.

It's already terrible enough that John is also a male, but he just happen to be a cripple and something worse.

That reminds him, on the pictures that he saw... John already have words on his arms. Seeing how cruel the words are, it could be Zeke, some other girl or boy who dislikes John or...

There's no way. All of this thoughts are making him shiver already.

He shouldn't focus about his friend, he had his own love life to worry about, and he doesn't even know the identity of whom his soulmate was.

Arlo is still staring at John, his glance prolonged. Dealing with this was starting to get sickening. Holden can't really imagine it, but what his eyes sees aren't lying.

"If you're just going to keep on staring at that cripple for the whole month, you might as well just take a photo and stare at it instead or something. Who knows? He might start gelling his hair soon-- he looks better with his current hair doesn't he?"

The blond froze with what Holden said.

"What? I'm just suggesting. I mean, if you won't do anything... Look, Remi is sitting in front of John, they look good together don't they?"

"They're both a headache." Arlo sighed.

John specially. He's making Arlo so confused. If only Arlo didn't ambushed him, or locked him up, things wouldn't be this complicated. Maybe, he wouldn't even be feeling like this.

What should he even do now? Arlo doesn't know, and he's too scared of messing up again for him to do anything.

"Whatever it is you're feeling for that cripple, it's not like you can stop it." the blue haired man started, "I'll admit, the thought of you liking him disgusted me at first-- Due to obvious reasons you already know, but this-- this is more sickening. Quit watching him and do something already."

"I already told you, I don't like--"

What was Arlo even trying to hide? Why was he even he lying when it's already obvious?

"Psh. You even got mad at me when I  insulted him once, and when I suggeeted you put him on his place." a grin appeared on his lips, "Why not do it now? Place him on his knees and--"

"Enough--!" the blond interrupted him, his voice being a little bit louder than intended.

The blond just hates it, whenever he hears someone implying doing sexual things with John. Maybe, Holden sees it as a laughable thing, but he wasn't the one who saw the broken look on John's face. He wasn't the one who saw him cry, he wasn't the one who felt his heart ache and...

He wasn't the one who fell in love with John.