Chapter 4

WARNING:

This chapter contains attempted rape and violence. Please read at your own risk.

--------------------------------

Arlo didn't saw John to school the very next day, and for that, he felt relieved. He spent his breaks roaming around, and trying to see if he'd hear 'conversations' about attacking John, but the whole day has passed and so far, there were none.

John does shows up to school after that, and for the next following days, and even if sometimes it's only a glance, he could tell that the dark haired man was miserable.

He tries avoiding John the whole week, making sure that they don't cross paths. It's the best for him to avoid John. He've already hurt him enough, and he knew that John also doesn't want to see him for now.

Sometimes, he sees John fighting with students from afar. He was brutal, and there was anger with every hit he gives. He kept hitting them, even when the students seemed to tell him that they'll leave him alone.

John does that, without using his abilities at all.

It was Arlo who've anger John this much, and the blond knew that he had to take responsibility with what he did.

As much as possible, he'll try not to get himself involved with John anymore, but he'll make sure that his attackers were punished.

It seems like John was doing the same. He never confronted Arlo after that, and words also no longer appears on his arms.

John was finally staying away from him, just like what Arlo wanted in the first place.

However, one time, he sees John getting beaten up just to protect Seraphina, and the blond gets this urge to jump in and stop those mid tiers from beating them up.

Arlo doesn't, and he just continued doing his business, as if he didn't saw them.

The next time he saw John getting beaten up again, was kinda unexpected.  It was in the back alley of the school, somewhere near the storage room. A part where students doesn't usually go.

The blond only happens to be there because  he wanted to check the storage room for possible 'clues', or if his attackers left something in the scene.

But then he heard Zeke's voice, and the next thing he saw was John on his knees, his hair being pulled, and his hands restrained by two more males.

The blue haired man punched him on his stomach, his strength probably enhanced by his activated ability, and John struggled to remove his arms from their hold.

Arlo already noticed that there was something wrong with John, his eyes looked terrified.

Zeke isn't someone whom John could defeat without using any ability, but John never really showed any fear even if he was getting beaten up to pulp.

John was able to get his other arm out, and the blond noticed that it was trembling, Zeke knocks him down to the ground, and Arlo could no longer see what was happening when they moved further into the alley.

The blond felt this terrible feeling, and he was hesitating whether he should step-in or not.

Arlo already had his ability activated, and he was so close on shielding the dark haired man, but the blond reconsiders when he remembers how John have ordered him around.

But you ruined his life, you hurt him, because of you, he was taken advantage off.

No, even if Arlo may have broken his ribs, John could still fight back by using his abilities, he just refused to do it. He brought this to himself, this is no longer Arlo's fault.