Chapter 16

Remi asked Arlo to meet-up with him at a cafe, and the blond already had an idea what all of it was about.

Just as he suspected, it was about John.

At first it was just her saying that she wanted to catch-up, but it didn't really take long for her to mention the dark haired man again

She mentioned about what John did, and how upset she was with him assuming the worsts of her intentions.

Although it shouldn't really surprise the blond, the fact that John have accused Remi of wanting to use his body was really bothering.

John had been hurt both physically and emotionally, and Arlo was aware that it was his fault.

Because of his own fixation with the hierarchy, John suffered.

Arlo couldn't really bring back the time. The damage has been done, but the blond wished he'd been wiser.

"John is so insufferable! I don't even know how to reach him. He believes that all high tiers are like Zeke, and he keeps on pushing me away!" Remi vented, "How do I even help someone like John? The more I approach him, the more terrible he gets."

"Why don't you just quit it then?"

"Quit? I can't just do that. He's been looking more and more miserable, and if I just gave up, he'll continue believing that all high tiers are cruel..." she explained, "Low tiers are constantly living in fear, and John isn't an exception. Something terrible already happened to him, Arlo! You can't just expect me to quit it!"

From the start, Arlo knew that there's no way of talking Remi out of something once she's set on a goal. Right now, her goal was to befriend John, Arlo was afraid of the dark haired man hurting her, and even if Arlo didn't like the idea of it, at this point, there's nothing he could say that would make Remi quit.

"Do what you want." the blond sighed, "But if I were you, I'll give the man some distance. He doesn't look like he wants to be bothered."

Hypocrite.

"If he doesn't really want to be bothered, or if he really hated my presence, he wouldn't sit on the same place every day."

Arlo froze for a bit, he remembered what John have said before the blond ambushed him.

If me being here really bothered you, you would've thrown me off ages ago.

Arlo didn't throw him off, but he threw him away.

The guilt was only eating the blond. No matter how many times he tried to avoid thinking about John, it just keeps coming back. Maybe, Arlo doesn't really deserve a second chance.

Maybe, he should just stop. He must have beem making it more difficult for John too.

John liked him. He could tell by the way the dark haired man looks at him, and by the smiles that he gave Arlo before his betrayal.

Arlo knew that John liked him as a friend, or possibly more than that. And yet, he still did it. He didn't cared about his feelings at all.

"Arlo, Are you even listening? You've been spacing out a lot recently too, is something bothering you?"

"There's nothing, I was just thinking about a project."

"You're lying! You said something similar to that last time. Why won't you just tell me Arlo?" Remi looked worried, and based from her looks, the blond could tell that she was upset, "Blyke and Isen is hiding something too! Even Elaine-- All of you, you're always like this... "

"This isn't something I could just tell you." Arlo took a deep breath, "This is something I have to fix on my own."

"What is it about then? Is it Ember?! Are they--"

"No."

"Then what is it about, Arlo?! What is it that makes you looked so troubled recently?"

"I told you, this is really--"

"Arlo."

"It's about John."

------------------------------

Today, John didn't received a boba drink from the blond. There wasn't any knock from the door, and he already checked more than twice, but there was nothing outside.

A small smile formed on the dark haired man's lips, followed by a laugh.

Of course the blond would give-up. Of course he isn't really as sincere as he seemed to be, and of course he'll realized how terrible John really is, and how he deserved every single pain he's gotten.

Remi told him, didn't she? She must've told him how terrible John have acted, and he must have realized how disgusting John was.

Everyone quits don't they? The "friends" that he used to have on New Bostin, Claire...

They all betrayed John, because he is a terrible person. They all left him.

Those thoughts hurt, but all of it was true. What right does he have to have friends after what he've inflicted everyone else? What right does he have to feel happy?

Maybe, it was why his words doesn't appear on Arlo's arms, and why it was just one-sided for John. Because he deserves to get hurt, to be alone, and to feel the greatest pain there is.

Perhaps, this was his karma.

He doesn't deserve to have anyone. He doesn't deserve anything good. He only deserves pain, and he doesn't have any right to get mad and upset at all.

He shouldn't be sad, he was just getting what he deserved.

What Arlo have done to him isn't even enough. What Zeke have done to him is just small compared to what he've done.

He was already disgusting, even before it happened.

Sera is the only thing that's good except his father. He doesn't even deserve her, and she needed better friends than a monster like John.

But why is she kind to John? Would she betray him too? Was it an act? John doesn't know, but he doesn't want to doubt her intentions, and he wouldn't be mad if ever she betrayed him, because John doesn't have any right to be mad.

Right now, he was trembling like mess. His tears were on the edge of his eyes, and he was hugging his legs so tight that it only started to hurt. doesn't cry. He doesn't let those tears fall, but instead, he closes his eyes.

There was a knock on the door.

And John hated himself for immediately getting up, rushing to open the door, in hopes that Arlo would be there, or that he've left something for John.

The dark haired man hates himself from hoping, despite pushing him away.

When he opened the door, his hope was crushed. It wasn't the blond, but instead, it was just his roommate, Blyke.

"I left my keys so uh, sorry to bother you." he apologized, "By the way, have you eaten dinner yet, John? I was thinking of going out to get some food, so maybe you'd like to grab some together?"

"I'm not hungry."

"Are you sure? We can play some games at the arcade too while we're at it."

"I'm not interested."

"Okay then."

Blyke rushed to his room, and although he left, John stood there.

Unknown to John, his roommate was on his phone, writing a text message to inform Isen about how miserable the dark haired man have looked.

John had been concerning recently, and although Blyke tries his best to befriend him slowly, it doesn't even seem to be working.