Chapter 8

The blond didn't know how long he just stood there watching John cry.

Despite him being so close, the dark haired man didn't even seemed to notice him, being too lost on his own feelings.

He could only see John's back, and the dark haired man have already burried his face between his knees. Arlo couldn't see John's face, but he knew that his eyes would be swollen once he lift his face up.

At some point, the blond noticed that John was already hyperventilating, and despite of Arlo's hesitations, he ended up revealing his presence to John, patting the dark haired man's back to help him breathe.

John immediately looked up, and Arlo took this opportunity to touch John's forehead, the other man tried to remove his hand right away, although he didn't succeed. Their eyes met, and Arlo realized how sore his eyes looked.

He was a mess, and Arlo was concerned.

"You shouldn't have gone today, you're still sick." Arlo said, his voice sounded gentle, and John didn't liked it.

He felt so weak right now, and he hated the fact that the blond had seen him on this state, and he also hated what the blond's gaze does to him.

"Isn't this what you want, Arlo...?" John have tried his best to not let his voice fail him, he was still struggling to breathe, but he won't show it to the blond, "Le..leave me alone..."

Unexpectedly, the blond did stood up, leaving John alone. He hated what he've felt when he really did left, but he hated his feelings more when the blond returned, with a bottled water on his hands.

"Drink." he said, handing him the bottle.

"I don't want to."

Sighing, the blond twisted the bottled water open, and then attempted to give it to John again.

"Quit being stubborn and drink this." to his surprise, Arlo have suddenly grabbed his chin, forcing the bottle on his lips.

John resisted, and needless to say, he only ended up coughing thanks to being forced into drinking water. The some of the water spilled on John's clothes, while the rest spilled on the floor.

"What the hell's your problem?!" John yelled at him.

What's Arlo's problem he asked?

"You! You are my problem, John!"

John did nothing but give Arlo a headache, and he keeps on acting like a child. He couldn't do a thing on his own, and he keeps on ordering Arlo around and pushing his own responsibilities on him. He doesn't even have the balls to protect Seraphina nor himself, and he kept on blaming everyone around him when the real problem was him.

"..." the dark haired man was silent, biting his lips.

And now the guilt hits the blond. Arlo didn't really meant it, he was just stressed and upset with John acting like this.

He stared at John drenched on the floor, his eyes swollen, and Arlo couldn't stand it.

"Damn it!" he stood up, forcefully pulling John to stand up, his grip had been too rough, and he didn't even realized that he has was already hurting him.

The dark haired man was still struggling to breathe, and a part of him wished that he should have just accepted the water instead.
Arlo's grip hurts, and he couldn't understand why Arlo was acting like this. He wished to say a lot of things to the blond, but he knew that he wouldn't be able to control his emotions if he speak.

Then, Arlo's hands were on both of his shoulders, and John was confused on what he was going to do until he've roughly pulled his coat down.

"You're soaked, don't wait for me to remove your vest for you." he said. Realizing how it seemed like, he added, "I'm not planning anything wrong."

Arlo noticed that John's breathing was still ragged, and it made him curse under his breath, leaving to get another bottled water and some clothes on his locker for him.

He hoped that John would still be there when he got back, but he got this feeling that John would leave. It's already already past their break, and in fact, Arlo was already late, for sure, John is too.

Thankfully, the dark haired man was still standing there when he got back, he wondered why John didn't leave, but it occurred to Arlo that his eyes were too swollen for him to return.

John have already removed his vest, but his whole shirt was still unbuttoned.

"Remove that." Arlo said, giving him his spare uniform and the newly bought bottled water.

The dark haired man was hesitant on accepting it, but he did, glaring at Arlo before he gulped down the contents of the bottle.

Then, he was undoing the buttons on his shirt. He looked really uncomfortable for a moment, until his expression was replaced with something else. Arlo couldn't tell what it was, but he looked defeated.

The blond watched him until he completely removed his top, and on John's arms, he saw his words, and he was filled with guilt.

You are my problem

John stared at it too, until he just ignored it, putting the uniform that Arlo lend him instead. Once he was done, he looked down, just standing there, waiting for Arlo to leave.

The blond didn't moved, and it was just silence between them. What exactly was he doing?

John wanted to be left alone now for sure, and skipping his class isn't something that Arlo does. But still...

"You shouldn't hit your head at the wall." Arlo sighed, "It's dangerous."

John ignored him. He doesn't want to hear Arlo's fake concern and lectures, but he doesn't have the energy to argue with the blond at this point. He's just tired.

Sera have already seen the photos, and John have pushed her away. Yelling at her and slapping her hand away when she's just concerned for him... John is terrible.

He wouldn't even view her messages and answer her calls, and he's been avoiding her the whole day. He feels like filth, and he hated the pitying look that his best friend gave him.

Arlo pities him too, the same Arlo who ambushed him on the fields and have left him locked up with a few broken ribs as a bonus.

Or maybe, Arlo's just guilty for what he did to John. But what could his guilt and 'help' do? Could it bring everything back? It's just like his useless apology.

"I'll have Zeke expelled." Arlo spoke again, "We have enough evidence now, so I just have to show--"

Arlo stopped, he realized that at this point, John simply doesn't care anymore. The blond felt like he was only making it worse for John.

He pulled John into a hug, surprising the other man. He struggled for a moment, until he just gave-up, allowing the blond to hold him.

Arlo have heard the way they talked  and view the dark haired man. For them, John was disgusting or if not, pitiful.

Sometimes, Arlo wished that John would just use his abilities, he wanted the dark haired man to show how strong and how powerful he was, and he wanted him to act the way he acted when it was just the two of them around.

Cause if he did, they'd leave John alone. They wouldn't hurt him, they wouldn't look down on him. Everyone would obey him and he could live the peaceful and normal life with the royals guiding him.

If that happened, John wouldn't be hurt, and Arlo wouldn't have to feel this pain whenever he looks at him.