Chapter 5

The day felt so long, and shame engulfs him. John didn't like Arlo looking down on him for what happened. He could see pity on those blue eyes, and it makes John feel worse.

He wants to gouge them out, he doesn't want Arlo to stare. He doesn't even want to see him at all.

Does he think that helping John means he could be forgiven? Does he really think that those fake actions makes him so noble of a king?

If John was stubborn, Arlo was worse. He just refused to leave John alone, even when the dark haired man have told him to leave. The blond even brought him to the clinic, and have almost reported everything to the headmaster.

John had to talk him out-- or perhaps, argue or threaten would be more suitable, just for him not to report everything that happened to the headmaster.

In the end, Arlo only reports Zeke and those students who were with him for their attempted assault, leaving the details that the assault have already first happened a week before.

Still, John wasn't happy with it. For sure, he'll be questioned, and Zeke might spread the photographs of him taken on the storage room.

John doesn't want Seraphina to see, and he doesn't want her to see him as someone who is weak and disgusting.

Arlo shouldn't have just showed up. John already had nothing to lose anyway, and they've already assaulted him twice. What's the difference if it were to happen for a third or a hundred more times?

This is just like getting beaten up all over again right?

Still, if it is, then why couldn't John stand to look at himself in the mirror anymore? Why was he feeling uneasy now, sitting on a bench in nearby park, when it's already late at night?

Why won't he return to his dorm? His wounds have healed up on a clinic, and he've managed to make Arlo leave him for now.

If it really was the same... Why does John feel so miserable?

He's been feeling so hollow, and it just gets worse whenever he sees Arlo.

This is Arlo's fault... No, it isn't. It's John's fault. Everything is John's fault.

He stares on his arms, it was already really dark, and he almost couldn't see, but for the first time, felt relieved that Arlo's words are gone.

John stays on the park for a more couple of minutes, or possibly, even hours. The dark haired man doesn't really notice the time, and he was busy sorting all of his thoughts.

"John." a familiar voice calls him, "What are you doing here? Are you planning on getting sick?!"

The dark haired man looks up, and of course, it just had to be the blond, holding an umbrella as he stood in front of John.

It's raining? John didn't really noticed...

"I should be the asking you that question Arlo, I already told you to leave. What are you doing here?" the dark haired man asked, "How did you even know where I am?"

John's question was soon answered when he noticed Isen, standing not far from them, beside him was Blyke.

"And why the fuck are you all here?" he turns his head towards the two, then back to Arlo's.

Blyke replied, "Dude, it's already past curfew and you're still not back at the dorm! Obviously, the guard told me to look for you, and Isen just tagged along cause he knows his ability would make it easier to look for you."