Chapter 12

The dark haired man received a message on his phone. The number wasn't registered on his contacts, but the contents of the message gave him an idea of whom it was from.

John, meet me on the rooftop after class. I want to talk with you, just us.

It was currently their dismissal now, and actually, John wasn't sure if he should go. Even if he already excused himself from Sera, John didn't really want to talk with Arlo again.

He've already hurt him enough, what does he want now? John was already avoiding him, and he's not even bothering Arlo anymore.

Was this about their last encounter? What would he do now, apologize for slamming him on the lockers? Apologize for the words he have said?

He doesn't know if he had the courage to talk again. Arlo kept on helping him over and over, only to hurt him afterwards.

Does he really think that an apology would be enough? Why does he even bother with John if he himself admitted that he hated the dark haired man?

Arlo is confusing, and if John wanted this stupid feelings to go, he should just stay away from the blond, and forget that he was his soulmate. It was only one-sided after all, someday, the blond would get words from someone else, John's words never appeared on his arms in the first place, so maybe... John was the one who was meant to be alone.

John knew that, and although he had a lot more reasons not to talk with Arlo again, in the end, he found himself coming on top of the rooftop.

When he arrived, Arlo was already there. The blond looked cold, and John couldn't help but feel anxious when his eyes met his.

"John."

"What the fuck do you want again, Arlo?" the dark haired man glared. He had to show the blond that he wasn't bothered at all.

"I just want to talk." Arlo said, "I didn't meant what I've--"

He knew it. Arlo would just push his apology down his throat again.

"I don't care about your stupid apology!" John snapped, "If you're just here to apologize, then I better leave-- Let's just pretend that I never bumped into you... Let's just pretend that I never met you at all."

John looked away letting those words out of his lips hurt. He's giving up on the blond now. Arlo just hates him that much, and for sure, he only helped John out of pity. John doesn't need false hope. He had to throw his feelings away, before his heart burst.

Arlo hated this, he didn't understand. Why was John so upset?! Why did John have to complicate everything? The blond didn't know what to do, hearing that John wanted to pretend that they never met each other at all made him panic.

"John, please, don't make this into another argument again!" Arlo didn't intended to yell at John but, he just did, "You think I don't regret everything that I've done to you?! Look, I'm trying to fix this, John. I don't want to argue again with you-- I came here to ask for a second chance..."

Him? Give Arlo a second chance?

John have told himself not to hope, not to feel anything. He knew that Arlo's words are only out of guilt. He've seen how the blond looked at him with hate, and he knew how far Arlo have gone just because he disliked John.

The dark haired man doesn't know if he could even trust anyone again, specially Arlo. He doesn't want to experience the same pain, he doesn't want to hope for anything at all.

"Whether you regret it or not doesn't matter. Who told you that you deserve to have a second chance?" John asked, "I'm tired of your bullshit, Arlo! You ruined my life!! Isn't it fucking enough for you?!"

Arlo didn't replied after that, and John turned, walking away from the blond. He really thought that it was over, until the blond grabbed him on his arms.

"John..."

The dark haired man reacted in an instant, pulling it away as he turned to the blond again. There was a look of concern on Arlo's face, and he didn't know what to think--  he didn't know what to feel.

"Why do you even bother?" he questioned the blond, "I don't want anything to do with you again, is it too much to ask, Arlo? Is it difficult for you to leave me alone?"

"It is." Arlo replied, "I don't want to leave you alone, and it might be a problem."

John was only imagining it. For sure, Arlo hadn't intended it to sound that way.

"Then it's your fucking problem, not mine."

The blond stared directly on his eyes, and John tried avoiding looking at them at all cost.

Arlo took a few steps forward, and John found himself taking a step back. John could run and head straight to the door now, but it seemed like his legs were glued.

The blond was too close, and although their bodies weren't touching, Arlo was close enough that it'll only took a push for their lips to touch.

"It always bothered me seeing you hurt." the blond said, "When I saw you cry, I just wanted to hold you, and whenever I saw you scared, I lose my mind. These aren't feelings you should have for someone you hate..."

"You're just guilty."

He was trying not to meet the blond eyes, because if he did, it would be harder for him to breathe.

"I am." Arlo admitted, "But there's something more than that, John. Something I've been running away from."

"Don't--"

Arlo's fingers have reached for his cheeks, and John felt too weak to react. He was lightly stroking it, and the dark haired man felt warmer with his touch. His heart beat was accelerating, and John didn't like this feeling at all.

Before he knew it, the blond's arms were around his waist, and he was pulled into a hug. John looked up, and Arlo planted a small kiss on his nose as his fingers ruffled John's hair. Then, he pulled away, and the dark haired man found himself surprised and confused.

After hurting him like this... He'll just confess and hold him like it was nothing? Like it wasn't difficult at all? Like he didn't shove it into John's face that he loathed him before? Why?

John had feelings for the blond, and his feelings was only hurt by the things that Arlo have said and done. Now, the blond had the guts to ask for a second chance, to confess, and...

The dark haired man landed a punch on the blond's face, it barely did anything to the blond, the same way that it barely did anything to ease him. It was too much for him, it was so unfair. John have suffered a lot of pain alone, inflicted by the people around him, and inflicted by Arlo. He knew better than to trust the blond again, but his feelings are still there, and despite everything, he still wanted to be held by Arlo.