Chapter 28: The Hunt

"General Kang, are you ready?" HyunJoon asked as he glanced at Seulgi, who was staring into nothingness.

"General Kang? Are you listening?" HyunJoon asked again, in a serious tone. Seulgi snapped back into reality and quickly nodded.

"Y-yes. Let's go to the forest now. She must be wandering around there already." Seulgi said.

HyunJoon nodded, "Let's head out."

They exited the tent quietly. The two of them head in the forest. But they eventually parted ways. Seulgi, with a heavy chest, still continue to hunt for their target.
.
.
.

***Seulgi's POV***

I hate this. Why am I doing this?

I sighed. I should stop over thinking... This is what she wanted.

As I walked around the forest. The trees rattles as the strong wind blew. I assume that there is a storm forming. The skies became dark as the rain begans to fall. Despite of those, I continued to search for her. I'd rather be the one to kill her, than a stranger. Even if it pains me.

I stopped when I suddenly heard footsteps coming from a far. I quickly head towards that direction. I walked stealthly as I approached the object that makes the sound. A silhoutte is starting to form as I got nearer and nearer on the thing.

Then, turns out it was just a deer. I sighed in dismay. I searched again. I stumble upon the plain that is full of wild grass. I better comeback inside the forest again.

But, before I even managed to moved. I suddenly heard yells coming from the forest. More like some battle cries. I quickly followed the direction on where the noises coming from.

Then, there, I saw HyunJae fighting the imperial guards. Even if she is quite out numbered, the guards doesn't have any chance on her. Then, One of the guards saw me.

"General Kang! Help us!" He pleaded before getting beheaded by HyunJae. She swung her sword on the man's neck. With that, she defeated all of the guards easily. Some of them even retreated. What a bunch of cowards.

HyunJae's eyes met mine. But I quickly avoided them and sprinted towards her as I unsheath my sword. Our swords clashed in between us.

"Just surrender already." I said, in a cold tone.

"Why? Are you giving already, General Kang? I thought you were the greatest warrior I knew?" She taunted, then she kicked me in the guts, 'causing me to get pushed back. The slippy mud almost made me fall in the ground. The rain fall also became more heavy. My clothes under this armor are drenched with water.

Then, I heard a couple of footsteps going towards our direction. Then, there, the Emperor, with his guards and HyunJoon showed up.

"Surrender now! HyunJae! You'll face death either way!" The Emperor said.

"I won't surrender. I'd rather die because of fighting than to die on a public execution." HyunJae replied. She then, suddenly, sprinted towards me. There is really no way I can stop her anymore. I blocked her attack using my sword and grabbed her arm, and stab her on the stomach. I pushed my weapon deeper as I closed the space between us. My tears begans to fall, but no one will notice that they were tears because of the rain.

"S-Seulgi..." She whispered on my ear. I just remained silent. I must not speak or else my voice will crack, they'll see my emotions.

"I love you.." She whispered again.

I can't take this anymore. I can't. I just wanna wake up from this... nightmare. Oh boy, I wish it really is just a nightmare.

I pushed her off my sword, making her fall in the ground. I didn't want to look at her anymore, for I know, she's already dead.

"General Kang! Didn't you forget?! She must be alive!" The Emperor yelled at me.

"Forgive me, Your majesty. I needed to defend myself." I lied.

"But that kind of death for her is too good!" The Emperor yelled in rage.

Well, at some way, even if she's dead. She still managed to insult the Emperor.

"Your majesty, At least she's dead already. Please don't be upset." HyunJoon said as he bowed.

The Emperor sighed in disappointment and head out. The guards followed him. HyunJoon looked at me, probably observing me. But then, he also followed them. Leaving me here alone. I clenched my fist.

They don't even have any plans on burying her body. Those motherfuckers...

I dropped my weapon and fell on my knees, I'm starting to break down. I can't take this pain anymore. It hurts. It hurts so much.

"S-Seulgi.. are you... crying?" My eyes lit up when I heard her voice. I quickly faced her and hugged her.

"Hyun... Please. Don't leave me! Hang in there. I'm gonna cure your wound! I don't think I can live without you!" I said.

"Seulgi... you can't. What if they capture.. us? They will know your real identity if you get executed in the plublic for helping a rebel." HyunJae stated.

She's right.... I can't let people that there is an immortal that lives in this world. The world will be on chaos.

"But... it hurts. I don't think I can take it. I don't what you to d--" She interrupted me by connecting our lips together. But quickly broke it.

"Didn't you heard what did they told you about me? That I am one of those power greedy officials?" She asked.

"I heard that... but I also heard the conversation between you and HyunJoon." I replied.

She gasped, "H-How?"

"Well, boxes fell and got yelled. But I have heard enough." I joked.

She sighed, "So you're the culprit huh." Then, she lean her body on mine and reached for my lips. We kissed again... for the last time.
.
.
.
.

Present...

I was reading a book on my bed when, I heard the door opened. It was Joohyun who entered. She smiled when our eyes met. I smiled back and closed the book.

I still can't believe that I met you again. Alive and breathing.... Hyun.

-------

IT'S BEEN 39282829928228 YEARS SINCE I UPDATED THIS FIC. I'M SORRY FOR KEEPING YOU ALL WAITING FOR A LONG TIME. THIS IS MORE LIKE A FINAL CHAPTER BY THE WAY. I'M STILL DECIDING IF I SHOULD PUT AN EPILOGUE OR JUST NOPE AND LET IT BE HERE. THANK YOU FOR READING THIS FIC.