Chapter 10: Regrets

I was a dumbass a while ago. I called HyunJoon heartless. Where in fact, I was the one who is heartless after what I did thousands of years ago.

That's why I'm sent this world and cursed to feel what humans feel.

It's already late at night yet I'm walking around her in the dark streets of Yuan searching for him. He's not in their house. His father told me that he doesn't know where he is and he's used to it so he doesn't question where his son is.

I can't think of anything. Well I don't know anything about him at all.

I sighed and faced the opposite direction to see-- Kwon HyunJae? What is she outside? It's already late.

She was talking with this guy. I hid at wall next to me and peeked at them. It looks like a serious topic base on the face that they are making.

Then suddenly, I was drown into Lady Kwon's features. It distracted me.

Then suddenly someone dragged me out of that place... And it was HyunJoon.

"What are you doing here?" He asked.

"I was just looking for you." I said.

He looked at me surprisedly, "For what reason?"

"I wanted to apologised for what I've said. I didn't meant to call you heartless. I'm sorry." I sincerely apologised.

He looked at me then a smile formed into his lips. A sincere one.

"It was nothing. Don't worry about it anymore." He said.

I smiled back. He suddenly cleared his throat and looked around.

"Let's not stay here. It's too dangerous. Why did you even get into these parts of the streets." He said in a serious tone.

"I can protect myself if ever something went wrong." I simply replied.

"This place is full of surprise. You won't know that you're already at the rebellion's camp." He whispered, making my eyes widen.

We suddenly heard footsteps coming towards us.

"Fuck." He hissed.

"Let's go now." He added and led the way.

I just followed him.

WE ARE now walking through this part of the palace that has a beautiful scenery. Where everything around us is water. You could also see the great structures of the palace.

I hate how the Palace looked harmless where in fact this is a battleground. There's a lot of shady things are happening here. Just for the competitors to get the throne. Greedy for power.

I sighed because of that thought.

"A penny for your thoughts?" HyunJoon suddenly said. I looked at him.

"I was just thinking on how the things that looks harmless are the ones who you should stay away from." I said.

He chuckled, "That's how this world works. You can't change it. No one could. We live in a society where there's a lot of these shady things happens."

"Even a god can't change it." He added as looking up the sky.

I became speechless because of the things that he have said. He was right. Even a god like me can't change it.

"They always let this system eat them. So what if you're rich? You'll die anyways. You have a lot of power? You'll still die. It's pointless but they keep on achieving those things." He sighed.

"What am I saying." He chuckled and looked at me. I cleared my throat and walked faster.

I heard him laugh, "What's wrong, Kang? Was I too serious a while ago?"

I shook my head, "No. I'm just making the vibe okay again. Let's not talk about the dark sides."

He's one of the few humans.

"Okay then. What do you wanna talk about?" He asked.

Hmm... Oh. The Emperor. I want to know if my Father is doing great. I forgot to pay him a visit this morning.

"About the Emp--"

"Please don't leave us, Your highness!" I suddenly someone's voice. I faced the direction where it came from.

To my surprise, It was my brother with his head eunuch and two guards. They are chasing him.

"No! Leave me alone! My father is just died!" He shouted.

I frozed, So.. Our father is gone now.

I smiled bitterly, Why are you so unfair father.

"T-The Emperor is d-dead now?" HyunJoon said, surprisedly.

My brother suddenly faced our direction. Our eyes met, His furious face slowly fade away.

He walked towards us. Me and HyunJoon bowed at him.

"You. General Kang right? Follow me." My brother ordered.

I looked at my brother, "Will do, Your Highness."

My brother now passed by HyunJoon, bumping his arm. I saw HyunJoon glared at him for a second, probably because the Crowned Prince bumped into him.

I just followed my brother. I looked at HyunJoon. He's now walking away.

"Where are we going, Brother?" I asked.

"To father's room." He said then suddenly faced me and grabbed my collar.

I looked at him confusedly.

"Don't you know that his last wish is seeing you?! He was so happy to hear that you came back to the palace this morning! But you didn't even bothered to pay a visit?!" He said furiously.

"I-I'm sorry. I didn't kno--" He punched me to the face. He also remove his grasp on my clothes causing me to fall in the floor.

"Of course! You don't know! Now follow me to see father's dead body!" He yelled and walked away furiously.

His Eunuch quickly approached me.

"Are you okay, Your highness?" The Eunuch asked with sincereness.

It's been a while since I saw him.

I looked at him and smiled, "How many times do I need to tell you that just call me by my name. I'm fine don't worry."

I stood up and fixed my clothes. I followed my brother's path.

I FINALLY have arrived the Emperor's room. All of my father's Maids, Eunuchs etc. Mourns his death.

Me and My brother entered his room. That's also the time when reality hits me hard. I felt my heartaching seeing my Father's lifeless body laying down to his bed. I quickly approached his body. That's the time when my tears started to flow out from my eyes.

"Father, I'm sorry for not paying visit a while ago. Father forgive me. Please." I cried.

"I apologise for being late father! Please forgive me!"

I continued to mourn his death till I lose all of the pain that I felt.

Present....

I sighed as I relaxed my body into my bed.

Today is his death anniversarry. The the day after I did the worse choice ever.