Epilogue

I think everyday. Why did these things happened to me in the first place? Was it really because of what I did in the past? How horrible it was? Is it worth this pain?

I sat in front of the altar after offering my prayers. 

'When will I be happy again?' I thought while staring at the sculpture of the God in front of me.

Time passes everyday. It's been a ten years the last time I saw her. She spent almost of her life with me till her last breath. There, on that day... I felt empty again. This is my curse. But do I really need to suffer for really, really long time for a mistake that I made a long time ago? I've already learned. I've felt pain. I bet the other Gods are laughing at me, mocking me for this.

I stood up and left the shrine quietly.

It's night already. 11pm to be exact. The streets are empty as I walk passed by. Only the light posts that makes the dark road lit. The cold wind is whistling in my ears. The leaves in the trees rustle. The sounds nature is making my mind ease. It makes me somewhat calm.

When was the last I've experienced this, this empty calm mind? I can't even remember anymore. My mind is full of grieve. Regret is something that I've overcome with. I don't regret anything because I wouldn't learn if I didn't do that thing in the past. I was a selfish God.

Which makes me think. Now that I learned my mistakes, Why are the Gods still making me suffer?

I stopped walking when I noticed a silhouette from the distant in the road in front of me, slowly walking towards my direction. 

What is a human doing here? It's already late.

The person slowly emerge out of the dark as they approached the next light post, revealing a face that I've never seen in a long time. Memories from the past flashed into my mind. Both the joyful moments and the emotional ones.

I teared up as I cherished the memories I had with her. I really miss her so much. 

Our eyes met, she maintained our eye-contact as she approaches me. Every steps she take, my heart starts to beat again after an eternity. I feel.. alive. 10 years of emptiness... I thought I would have to wait for another millennia to see that face again. To meet her again.

A smile forms into my lips as I call her by her name,

"Joohyun."

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I just wanna thank everyone for keeping up with this story even if I'm such a bad author lol. Thank you very much. I hope you all enjoy this epilogue I wrote just for the ease of your minds haha .I wanted to keep it short so that it's an open ending. I want you all to have your own version of your BEST ending with Seulrene. ANY OF THOSE ARE CANON. Also, I know I'm such a slacker like literally I can't even revise my stories even tho I know I have a lot of errors. Thank you again and have a nice day or night.