Chapter 12: Revelation

I sighed as I followed HyunJae's path. We are just roaming around the Women's Pavillion.

Until a royal guard runs towards us.

"The Regent is wants to see you, Your highness." The royal guard said.

HyunJae looked at her head eunuch. She looks like asking for something.

Then her head eunuch faced us.

"You can take your break now."

All of the attendants bowed and left. I was left, Watching Lady Kwon with her head eunuch and royal guard walking away. Eyeing then with suspicion.

There must be something going on.

I started walking from my spot, quickly. I exited the Women's Pavillion.

I WORE my uniform. The Regent calls for me. I heard that he's assigning for some Generals to go to the East. In short, for war.

I exited my house and headed to the Regent's Hall.

The Soldiers bowed at me as I passed by. I stood in front of the Regent's Meeting room as I wait.

The door opens, My eyes quickly widenned as I saw HyunJae and HyunJoon go out. I stepped aside and bowed to them.

HyunJoon stopped on his track and faced me. As well as HyunJae.

"Why are you here and why are you wearing your battle armor?" He questioned while HyunJae is looking at me with her confused face.

"To serve Yuan, General Hwang." I solemnly answered.

His eyes grew wider then faced the Regent.

"Appa-nim? Are you gonna send him to the war?" He asked.

"We need him to for our nation, My son. General Kang, You may now come inside." The Regent said.

"What?!" Bewildered HyunJae said. She looked at HyunJoon. Then he gave her a look to don't mind it.

I entered the room. As soon as I entered, the doors closed. I bowed to him for a bit.

"I hope you won't mind assigning you to the battle in the east, Seulgi." He said as he stood up from his chair. He fixed his clothes and faced me, having a smile on his face.

"I won't, Yonho. If it helps you. I won't mind." I said while smiling.

His smile grew wider, "It's been a long time since we went to a battle."

"And I'm old now." He added.

I smiled bitterly. Everyone around me gets old and eventually die. I hate seeing those people who are close to me gets old.

"And now you're commanding me now too." I chuckled. He also, let a chuckle.

"I trust you that you'll win this battle, Seulgi." He said.

"I mean, You never lose a battle, did you?" He added.

I playfully scoffed, "Never."

A memory flashed into my mind then I looked at him with seriousness. His smile fade and a confused look showed up.

"What's the matter?" He asked.

"Are you somewhat connected with Kwon HyunJae?" I questioned.

He looked at me closedly, Observing me probably. Then he chuckled.

"She's my daughter but... From another woman." He sighed.

My eyes grew wider, I didn't really expected him to answer my question but he did.