Chapter 5: Sudden Attack

"Your highness, Captain Kang is here!" The guard said.

I'm infront of my brother's room. Well, even tho I'm adopted. And I'm remained as secret son of the Emperor. They adopted me because of my intellegence. Only the Emperor knows about my secret. The rest doesn't.

"Come in." I heard my brother said. I entered his tent. We are currently staying here at the Goryeo because of my brother's 'vacation'. He was sitting on his bed and reading a book... It's about something you need to know for you to be able to become a great Emperor.

"Captain Kang..." He said and smiled.

I bowed at him, "Why did you summon me, Your highness?"

We can't call eachother 'brothers' cause someone might hear it. We can't let the secret come out.

"I just wanna inform you something important." He said as he took a paper and took his quill then dipped it's tip to the ink and starts writing. He showed me the paper when he was finished.

When I read what's written. My world suddenly crumbled.

Our father is dying.

Father is the only person that made me feel important. That, I'm not only used.

"Tomorrow would be the last day I would be staying here. After that, I'll comeback to the mainland. My vacation here in Goryeo seems nice. Too bad, they don't know that the Crowned Prince is here." He said as he put down the paper.

"That's great, Your highness." I replied.

"Ohh And also, I have a favor Captain Kang." He said.

"What is it, Your highness?" I asked.

"Can you still stay here? We would like you to give us more knowledge about this kingdom." He replied.

"Will do, Your Highness."

"Don't worry. After this, You'll become a General in the mainland. You'll get a promotion. That's all I need to say. You may leave." He said.

I bowed and then left the room.

It is true that the Crowned Prince is staying here secretly. And I'm living here for years. I became the Captain just a few months ago. I joined the military 3 years ago cause I was ordered to. I don't really like the idea of staying at Yuan. Especially Father keep insisting that I would be living in the palace. I don't want that to happen so I just decided to go here at Goryeo.

I looked at the royal guards. They don't even look like royal guards. They just look like some commoners around here.

They were talking about me, Becoming the new general. They seem to not know that I could hear what are they saying. Words full of insult.

I just ignored them. I mounted and ran the horse. I came back to the town. At the market place to be exact.

I just leashed my horse into a fence. And started roaming around the place.

This'll be a long night....

The next Morning...

I just woke up. I didn't had much sleep. But I don't really care. I stood up from my bed to take a bath.

I gently sit on the hot tub and relaxed myself there.

I sighed in relief as I felt the relaxation. I took some of the water and washed my face.

I was busy washing myself until someone called me.

"Captain Kang! We are under attack!"

My eyes widen. Why would they attack?