Chapter 8: Yuan

IMPORTANT NOTE: I changed the year to 1320. The last year of Buyantu Khan's Reign. He's also known as by his temple name, Renzong.

Okay let's go back to the story.

----------

I head over the drinking house. To see the Regent's Son and tell him that I've picked my side.

I entered, to see Goryeo soldiers-- Surrounding the Regent's son. Everyone here looks terrified. Well except him. He's just drinking there as if there's know soldiers surround him.

"Oh! Captain Kang! You're here!" Someone called me and it's... Commander Jung.

He's just right infront of me.

"What's happening here?" I asked him, then my eyes landed to his sheathed sword.

"The King ordered u-- Ack! W-Why?! Traitor!"

You guessed it right. I took his sword and pierced it to his stomach.

I draw the sword out from his body. Leaving his dead body in the ground. Half of the soldiers launched over me.

But they are not able to stop me.

I withdrew the sword out of one of the soldier's head then threw it. It was the last one to die.

I suddenly heard claps, From a person other than the Regent's Son.

"That was a great fight." He said while smirking. He stood up and head over me.

He patted my shoulder, "You made the right choice."

"Now follow me." He added.
.
.
.
"YOU WOULD become a new General at Yuan. I could talk to my father that you saved my life." He said as he pours our drink.

"You don't nee--" He cutted me out by giving me my cup.

"Take it. I rarely give someone a reward. Like it's more rare than the rarest gem stone in the world." He said.

Why would I dare to refuse then?

I took the cup and took a sip.

"I accept your reward for me." I stated.

He smirked, "Great then."

"By this time, The King is now being captured. Thanks to you for sending your own soldiers to help us." He added.

"I just did it for Yuan." I said and drank all of the alcohol from the cup.

It's for my brother and for our father.

We camped here in the border of Goryeo. Since it's already night, we need to take a rest.

"You'll have fun at Yuan, So much fun." He said as he poured me another drink.

"Mhm."

We continued our conversation. We talked about things. A lot of things.

"So Seulgi is your name huh? Kang Seulgi?" He said after I told him my name.

I just nodded, "Is there something wrong?"

He shook his head, "Nothing."

"My name is Hwang H---"

"General Hwang! We are under attack!" A soldier shouted.

My eyes widened, I took my sword and stood up to look outside. Everything is in chaos.

Why are Yuan soldiers attacking... Eachother? I can't identify who's who.

The Regent's Son came out from the tent, Looking furious.

"What the?! Who would dare to challenge me?!"

He dashed into the battle. While me? I'm still thinking who should I protect and who's not.

For sure, The enemies have marks to not get confused. But what did they used.

Suddenly, a soldier attacked me. I quick dodge and swung my sword, Hitting his fatal part at his back. Before even his body fall into the ground, He's dead. Then I found a red scarf wrapped around his arm.

I looked at the others. The others have one, the others have none.

So that's their mark hmm?

I dashed to the enemies. Killing every single of them. Finishing this battle.

I felt someone is going towards me. I quickly pointed my sword into this person's throat before even looking who it was.

To my surprise, It was the Regent's Son or maybe I should just call him General Hwang. He's looking at me surprisedly.

I lowered my weapon and dashed to the other enemies. Knocking them down to the ground.

The battle has finished.

"How many soldiers did we lose?" General Hwang asked.

"Half of them, General Hwang. The other half, They are all badly wounded." The Soldier said.

"Inform all of them that, I will be travel now with Kang to ask for rescue." General Hwang said.

"Will do, General Hwang." The soldier bowed then left.

"Let's go to the stables so we could get our horses for us to ride." General Hwang said.

I just followed him.

"HIYAH!" I fastened the run of the horse as we hurry.

I could already see the mainland of Yuan, Dadu. It's already dawn. I could see the rising sun.

I after a few minutes we finally have arrived. We stopped our horses because there's a lot of commoners in the middle of the road. They quickly gave us way when they saw, General Hwang.

We run our horses again.

I could already see the imperial palace from my view. I'm.. Home.

We put our horses to the stables near the Palace's gate.

"For sure, You wanted to see the Emperor of Yuan hmm? I'll take you with me later to Emperor Renzong. I mean that's everyone's wish right? Seeing the Emperor." He said.

I just nodded at him.

"Also, Let's meet my father first. I need to ask for an aid for my soldiers. We'll also talk about your reward don't worry." He added as we started walking.

I just nodded again and followed him. The guards let us enter the Palace's gate. It's not my first time seeing the palace but it still amazes me so much.

A lot of the maids from the hallway in near the entrance are looking at us. Gossiping things. They looks like... They are admiring us.

"I don't remember announcing that I'm coming back today. There must be another visitor--" General Hwang was cutted off suddenly, He's looking shocked. He quickly stepped back from the path.

"Let them pass." He whispered.

I got confused. Then I faced the direction where is he looking at. It made my jaw dropped.

A goddess-like figure is passing by us. Very impressive beauty for this world.

I quickly stepped back next to General Hwang when I saw that they are coming towards my direction.

I looked at the woman again-- Our eyes met eachother. She smiled at me for a few seconds. I was caught off guard.

I quickly looked away.

I heard someone chuckled, "Really? Even you are attracted to that girl? Tsk, tsk. I thought you were different."

I looked at General Hwang, "No I'm not. I'm rarely see someone that beautiful that's why."

"Sure. Let's go now." He said then led the way. I just followed him.

---------

A/N: OMG TONIGHT IS THEIR COMEBACK, ATLEAST ON MY TIME ZONE. STREAM UMPAH UMPAH.