Recap

HI. This is a sequel to Number Neighbor!! Please go read that first 🥺

You're probably thinking about how I've been. Well, I'm here to tell you, it has not been a fairytale. We'll start from that day, that stupid ass day.

Some popcorn is suggested. Maybe some alcohol.

I couldn't stop thinking about what the fuck I said to him then.

The time after London, the time after I met his fucking mum, the time after I- all of the times after I realized my love expands far when it comes to him. There was this specific day though, that's been drilled in my head for months because everything could have changed if I had just... done something different, I guess?

March fucked me up the most.

"Dominic Harrison does things that society technically believes isn't okay but he makes it feel so good to do this, he brings me balance and bliss as I know he's going to ride for me and plenty others." I finish off, looking up at him. His eyes are watering and I swear I see a tear drop go down his face.

My eyebrows shoot up as I look up at him.

"Alaina, your paper was so sweet." He wipes his eyes, using the sleeves of his sweater to give him paws. My eyes turn into hearts as I watch this.

I get an off feeling about how I presented it because half of it didn't make sense because half of it is what I left out. The real feelings I was typing about.

"D-did I overstep?" I ask, becoming aware of the skin on my body as I get a weird feeling. His brows now shoot up and he quickly stands up.

"No. You didn't." He looks in my eyes as we stand in the middle of his living room at his place in NY, my eyes on him.

"Alaina I have to leave soon, and I'll be gone for months at a time." He starts and I bite my lip, knowing this was gonna come. I was hoping he would wait until a different day to break my heart.

"Yeah, I totally get it." I chuckle and he rolls his eyes at me. I raise my right brow at him.

"No, you don't."

"I'm gonna leave soon too, since I'm starting college in late August." I scratch the back of my neck.

He looks at me, studying my face as he takes in what I'm thinking and I do the same for him. It's dim in here because Dom got these stupid ass lights where you can change the brightness. I was trying to be romantic and read him my paper but he turned it into a fucking sad fest and now it's dark which is boosting my sad feeling.

"I think that.. maybe the reality, just, hit us." I shrug, knowing that the reality has been in the back of my mind for so fucking long and now that it's here I want it to go away and leave my life forever.

I want to continue my life in Dom's bubble and play out my fairytale of me and him.

"Alaina, I really want to m-"

"I really want to make this work but both of us are going to be away for such a long time and we'll never have time for each other." I recite what he was gonna say to me as I sort of mock him, not able to deny that he's right.

"Oh my god, this is what I was saying." I become irrational.

I now see that all I was thinking about is myself and it makes me want to jump off a fucking cliff. Me being selfish? Not surprised, just thought I had it under control with Dom.

It's not my fault or his that every thing he's ever done for me has boosted my love for him, but it's totally my fault that I feel the way I do because I let my guard down even though I knew this day was coming.