Chapter 28

KAILY'S POV

I sat in the sand on the beach just thinking.

I had asked Taylor to give me a minute to myself, so I could clear my thoughts a little more.

The waves crashed onto the shore perfectly as the moonlight hit them in all the right spots. The wind blew gently causing it to be cold enough for a thin sweater, but still warm enough not to question going into the ocean.

"Hey?" Taylor slowly walked up behind me and took a seat in the sand beside me, "Are you okay?"

I gave him a weak smile, " Yeah, I just couldn't be around all of those people right now. I look like shit."

"I don't think you look like shit," He grabbed my hand and pulled me closer to him.

"Well, thank you," I leaned my head onto his shoulder  and took a  deep breath, "I know I'm supposed to be okay, but I just don't feel that great."

His hand began to rake through my hair,  "I know What you mean," he took  a long pause before he started to speak again, "I mean, I bought a damn car. I don't need a car. What the hell am I going to do with it?"

We both let out small laughs.

"True," I replied.

We sat for a little while longer this way. His grip tightened around me. We watched the ocean crash up onto the shore.

"Look, I want you know I am truly sorry," Taylor's small voice finally broke the silence.

"I know tay, you don't have to say it anymore. I'm not mad," I thought for a minute, "Taylor, I need you. I've spent the last Three days trying to tell myself that this isn't real. And that I don't need you in my life. It doesn't make  sense to me how much I am in love with you."

I quickly covered my mouth when I said that.  I didn't mean to tell him that I feel that way. But it was an accident. I didn't want him To know that. I looked away in shame and pulled away from him.

"Kaily, look at me," he put his finger under my chin and gently turned my head to face him. "I am in love with you too. These last few weeks that I have known you have been some of the best times that I've ever had. And I want to keep having times like that with you. I need you in my life too. You're not the only one who feels this way, I promise It's mutual."

My eyes began to water hearing this.  I was relieved that he felt the same way and I didn't look like an idiot. It made my stomach flutter hearing him say that.

He wiped my eyes and smiled at me, "don't cry beautiful."

Without removing his hand from my face he pulled my face into his and connected our lips.

At that moment, I felt like my whole world stopped.

I could feel my heart racing and my skin tingle. My stomach became weak and I felt like I was going to crumble.

I dont think Taylor realizes What he's doing to me.

He pulled away, almost What felt like, too soon. He gently kissed my forehead and looked into my eyes.

"I promise to never let anything ever happen like that again. You mean way too much to me to lose you more than once. And I'm sorry that I was so stupid before. I know you don't want to hear me say that, but I have to let you know. I'm sorry. Will you please do me the honors and be my girlfriend?"

I looked at him with desperation, making sure that everything was real. That everything being said was complete seriousness. 

His eyes were gentle longing for an answer. The corners of his mouth fidgeted with uncertainty. I could feel his hands tremble on my cold skin. Taylor was completely vulnerable.  He let his guard down, showing me that he wasn't just some asshole like the rest of the guys in this world.

I finally got the courage to respond to his shocking question.

"Yes Taylor," I gave him a small smile and grabbed onto his hand that was holding my face, "of course I will be your girlfriend."