Chapter 18

KAILY'S POV

"Hurry back, or else you'll start to miss me too much," Taylor yelled out to me as I walked away. I laughed and flipped him off.

I quickly went to the bathroom and fixed my hair. As I was walking back, I was lightly tapped on the shoulder. "Excuse me, miss? you dropped this." A tall Brown haired, blue eyed boy held out his hand, with my phone in it. His eyes were so mesmerizing, It took me a minute to look away.

"Uhm. Thank you." I finally muttered and took my phone back.

"No problem," he half smirked and rubbed the back of his neck," I'm glad I gave that back to you, or else it would've been pointless to ask for your number."

I could feel the heat slowly rise in my cheeks.  I handed him my phone to put his number in and then I sent him a text so that way he had mine. We had then slowly parted ways.

I walked back toward the outside of the restaurant and toward the open doors leading to the deck. As I approached, I seen Taylor sitting with some blonde girl. My body immediately tensed up. Taylor made eye contact with me and shot up from his seat. The girl started to then quickly stride toward me,"Oh hey!" It  was Sarah.

She embraced me into a hug and began to talk in a low voice,"Taylor wanted me to come over here and tell you that he was so sorry. He said he just isn't over me and asked if I would come out to dinner. He just didn't want to hurt your feelings. He said that you should probably go." She then let go of me and leaned away, nodding her head. "I know you really like him and I just hope you understand."

I was just in shock. "Yeah I understand," I whispered to myself. I can't believe Taylor would do something like this. I mean I knew he wouldn't like me, but to take me out and lead me on like this. Now that's just rude. I was really starting to like him and I thought he liked me, but I guess not.

I stood there for another minute and then made eye contact with Taylor. He furrowed his brow and turned back to Sarah.  Right then they kissed and I quickly ran out of the restaurant.  I knew it was too good to be true.

I walked down the pier by myself and stopped to go get ice cream. After the girl handed me a cup of cookies and cream, I walked around the corner to go see the seals. I remember always coming down here as a kid and this would be my favorite thing to do. They always looked so peaceful and happy. So, I took this time to sit and think.

I know it was stupid of me to get my hopes up. Taylor was so nice, and he made it seem like I had the chance. I should've known better. He is a good looking kid, he probably plays girls all the time. I let my dreams get in the way of reality.  I'm ashamed that I would let myself do this.

TAYLOR'S POV

When Sarah kissed me, I quickly pulled away. "What was that for?" She just smiled and began to look at the menu. The waiter walked up bringing me and Kaily's drinks. "Are you guys ready to order?" He looked at me a little confused. I have to admit I was a little confused myself. 

"Sir, can I start you guys off with an appetizer?" The waiter now looked impatient.

"He'll just have a Burger," Sarah answered him,"that's fine. Right babe?" She shot me a smile.

"Uh," I was hesitant, "Actually, I'm gonna go." I dropped $10 on the table and walked out of the restaurant. 

I decided to just walk around. Why would Kaily just leave like that? Is it something I did? Or maybe it was something Sarah said? Why was she crying? I know I didn't do anything wrong. When she left she seemed fine. I thought everything was going good. I tried to replay everything that happened to see where I went wrong. For all I know maybe she had an issue of her own. But No matter what I needed to find out.

I walked down the pier a little more and it began to get darker. There werent very many lights down at this end and It was really quiet, with the exception of the birds in the air and whatever animal it ways that was in the water that was making so much noise.  I stopped at a spot with light and looked over into the water. It looked so peaceful at night. The moonlight hit the water perfect and now made out the shape if the animals in the water. It was nice and relaxing, I just wish Kaily was here with me.