Chapter 12

KAILY'S POV

We walked inside and Tay's eyes lit up. He had the biggest smile I've ever seen. He looked up and seen the Giant Orca hanging from the ceiling and almost lost his mind. It was so cute! He then turned toward me and handed me his phone. He said that he needed a picture that looked like he was holding it. He turned around and posed. I took the picture and he started running back to me. As he ran up to me, I freaked out. I had no idea what he was about to do. I then found myself slung over his shoulder and he was carrying me toward the jelly fish exhibit. 

We slowly walked through the jellyfish, looking at every single window and Taylor always made some kind of stupid remark. I rolled my eyes and would brush it off. He's a teenage boy, immaturity was expected out of him. We then began to walk toward one of the bigger jellyfish windows. As we started to walk closer Taylor intertwined his fingers with mine. I smiled at him, he refused to look at me but had held a smile on his face as he looked at the tank. Taylor walked up to some random lady and asked if she could take some pictures of our silhouettes. We first struck a pose and looked off to random places and Then we took one of our backs to the camera with his arm along around my shoulder. As the lady was giving back his phone, he asked if she could take one more. He turned to me and moved my arms around just neck. He placed his hands gently on my hips and leaned his forehead to mine. He looked into my eyes and I felt my legs grow weak. I felt his arms wrap around my waist and pick me up a little. I closed my eyes and took a deep breath and then his lips gently pressed against mine. I pulled him in closer to deepen the kiss. This moment felt like a thousand fireworks exploded inside of my stomach. I thought I was going to explode. We held on to each other for a couple more seconds and then I felt Taylor pull himself away.

"Here's your phone sir," the lady said as she handed him his phone," You kids look so cute together. I hope he treats you well," she said as she looked at me.

"Oh, we aren't together. But thank you." I said trying to smile. Saying those words cracked my heart.

"Thank you," Taylor said and smiled at her.

"You're welcome. I hope you guys have a fun and safe Day !" with that, she had walked away.

I could feel my cheeks grow hot and could tell that I was blushing hard.  I looked down at the ground and started to walk down toward something else. I needed a minute to think. Did Taylor feel that too, or was I just going crazy? And holy fuck that lady made it even more awkward by something about it. That kiss was like nothing I've ever experienced before, in a good way. But what if he didn't feel the same? Then everything was going to be awkward and weird. I just needed to step out and think. I walked out of the jellyfish exhibit and came to an area with benches. I sat at the furthest one and stared out of the window and into the ocean so I can figure everything out.

TAYLOR'S POV

After we kissed, Kaily was so quick to run away. Did she think it was bad? She probably ran away because she didn't like me like that. I know I shouldn't have kissed her, but it felt so right and there were definitely sparks there.  I tried to follow her out to find her. She just moves so quickly. I walked through the rest of the jellyfish and came to an opening.  I seen Kaily sitting in the corner by herself staring out at the ocean.

I walked up behind her and sat down next to her. She didn't even turn to look at me. We sat  in silence for a while and then she spoke.

"Why did you kiss me?" she said softly. Almost as if she was about to cry.

"I don't know, it just felt so right."

"Oh Ok." she said and looked back out at the water. I wasn't going to tell her how I felt. More than likely she didn't feel the same, why waste my time. She kept giving mixed signals. One second she's into me, the next she hates me. It's so confusing.  We sat there for a minute and then she got up and started to walk away. I followed her as she walked back down the stairs and toward the other side of the aquarium. 

We had gone back up a set a stairs which led to an area where we can touch starfish and other sea creatures.  We walked to the starfish and reached for the same one. She smacked my hand and laughed,"Get your own loser!"

I smiled and reached for a different one. She put hers down and grabbed my hand under the water. She looked at me and smiled. The heat started to rise in my cheeks. I shot her a small smile. She blushed and kissed my cheek. "Can we go get food, I'm starving." She looked at me and her eyes glittered. "Of course we can beautiful." She smiled and we started to walk down the stairs.

KAILY'S POV

We didn't want to go far so we walked a couple blocks down to a local McDonald's and decided to eat inside. Taylor went to go find a table and I ordered our food. I sat back down with Tay and we talked for a minute and then his phone rang. He looked at it and didn't answer.  It then rang about 4 more times until he just turned it off. "Don't worry about it" he said as he noticed that I was staring. I laughed, "I wasn't. " The worker then brought us our food and we began to eat. 

We both finished our food and were nibbling on French fries, and then he threw one at me! "Oh it's on Caniff " We got into a mini French fry war. We were laughing and having a good time, Until we heard someone clear their throat. She looked at me and I glanced at Taylor as he turned pale as a ghost.