Chapter 9

KAILY'S POV

Its not that it was starting to get late, but I just didn't want to drive anymore. Taylor was sleeping peacefully, so I didn't want to wake him and ask him to drive. As we were driving down, I mapped out a hotel and booked us a room. After about an hour more of driving we pulled into our hotel parking garage and and tried to wake up Taylor.

"Hey sleepy, get up. We're at a hotel." I tried to sound as sweet as possible. He looked at me and smiled and turned over. I got up from out of the car and walked over to the passenger's side. He was still sitting there sleeping and smiling. He needed to get the fuck up because i was so tired! I shook him one more time and he still didnt move, so I reached over his lap and grabbed a cup of water And dumped it on his head.

"What the fuck is your problem dude?" He yelled at me. I couldn't help but stand there and laugh hysterically, he was so pissed off. "I told you to get up like 10 times," I said. Maybe I had over exaggerated a little bit. but I was tired and annoyed so I had to think of something to do.

"Where are we?" he asked as he got out of the car.

"Monterey." I said quickly as I walked away. I was kind of afraid of what he would say. Maybe I should've asked him about it first, but he did leave me sort of in charge so I guess it didn't matter right?

I checked us into our hotel room and went back to my car to grab a shirt and a couple other things. Good thing I leave a lot of my stuff in the trunk. I grabbed Taylor a shirt that looked like would fit him and walked back to where I had left him in the lobby. Of course it would be like him to already be flirting with some random girl that was there. He is extremely good looking and is a major tool, so go figure. I cleared my throat and rolled my eyes as he looked over to me.

"We're in room 204 when you decide that you wanna come upstairs." I scoffed at him and threw him a shirt and lightly stomped up to the room. I heard Taylor coming up behind me and I quickly shut the elevator. I kind of didn't want to be near him this second. 

TAYLOR'S POV

Kaily said she was going out to the car to go get some stuff. I decided to sit in the lobby and wait because I didn't see a reason that I had to go with her. I was texting Dillon just giving him an update on where I was and letting know I was safe. He's my best friend so he wanted to know. I felt someone run their hand across my knee and thought it was Kaily. When I looked up it was just some girl that wanted to get my number. We sat there and talked for a minute as I waited for Kaily to come back. I handed the girl my phone and told her to put her number in and as I was getting my phone back Kaily walked in and cleared her throat. "We're in room 204 when you decide to come upstairs," she sounded a little annoyed and she threw a shirt at me. I didn't want her to be mad at me, so I quickly jumped up and ran after her. As I got close to her, she shut the elevator right in my face. I ran up the stairs and tried to beat her to the room, then I realized that she didn't give me a key.

I sat there and waited for about 5 minutes and when she didn't walk down the walkway I decided to knock on the door. I could hear rustling around and then the door finally opened. She opened it quickly and walked into the bathroom and locked the door.

Why would she be mad at me?  I wasn't doing anything wrong. Was she just messing with me? Her words kept running through my mind while I tried to decide whether or not she was irritated or if she was joking around.

"Can you put that shirt on so we can go to the store,  or are you going to go in that wet shirt? " she said with a smile. Now I'm really confused. I changed my shirt and walked with her out of the door and down the street to a Rite Aid. We picked up a couple essential things like toiletries and some snacks. we walked back to the hotel in an uncomfortable silence and entered the room and sat down.

"They didn't have a room with two beds because I booked last minute, but I ordered a cot and you can sleep on the bed. " she mumbled as she stared out of the window.

"Ok. I can sleep on the cot if you want. it's no big deal." I tried to seem sweet I didn't want her to have to sleep like that anyway. 

"No, its ok. But I'm starving so let's go get food." She piped up and began walking out of the room once again. 

*Skip Dinner*

We got back to the room and Kaily jumped in the shower, so I decided to Facetime the Dillon. After two rings he picked up.

Dillon- whatsup!! 

Me - Hey what are you guys doing?

Dillon- Nothing.  Where the fuck are you bro?  You kinda just went MIA. 

Me-  Yeah I know I got basically attacked aha but long story short. I'm in Monterey with this girl. Dude she's fucking hot. I think I really like her.

Camerons face then popped into the camera.

Cam- How did you end up there, that's like a 5 hour drive.

Me-  Yeah I know. 

Nash- Is that a shower running in the background?

Dillon-  Hell Yeah dude. you guys are sharing a room. Get some!

Me - Shut up bro. I barely know her.

Dillon- Make sure to wrap that shit dude.

Me - Just shut up.  Oh shit I gotta go.

I heard Kaily turn the shower off so I quickly hung up and turned on the tv. She walked into the room and straight over to her cot and lied there quietly.

"Why haven't you talked to me since we got here?" I stared at her hopefully. 

"I'm talking to you right now aren't I?" she replied while still looking at the tv.

"Yeah, but I mean other than that. You didn't even say a word to me at dinner and you won't even look at me."

"I don't know. I just don't feel like talking OK?" she turned over and faced the wall. I turned the tv off and just lied there.