28

september 1st- Jungkook's birthday 

Taehyung was looking at in his notes. Today was the day, the day he's been waiting for. Taehyung walked over to the vent to see if Jungkook was up to wish him a happy birthday. He was gonna yell 'happy birthday' but he heard Jungkook talking on the phone to someone instead.

"Happy birthday kookie!" Jungkooks nana yelled into the computer.

"Thank you nana!"

"I might sneak by today and drop a cake off and also to see you."

"Yay! I hope I get to see you!"

"Same as for me"

"Has Taehyung wished you a happy birthday yet?" The woman asked.

"Not yet, he might still be sleeping. It's still 7am"

"Ah ok I see."

"He said he had a gift for me that I will love!" Jungkook exclaimed happily which made Taehyung smile.

"Oh exciting! call me back later and tell me what it is!"

"I will! I love you nana!"

"I love you too and I'll hopefully see you soon"

The two hung up. Taehyung really liked Jungkooks nana. 'She's cool.' He though to himself.

"Happy birthday to youuu~"  Jungkook heard coming from the vents. He smiled really big and leaned in closer to the vent.

"Thank you tae!"

"Goodmorning birthday boy!"

"Morning Tae!"

"I heard you talking to your nana."

"Oh you did." Jungkook blushed knowing the older heard him talking about him.

"She seems cool."

"She is! She's the best person ever besides you of course."

"Awe thanks koo."

"Yup!"

"hey koo, is your dad heading out today anytime soon?" Tae asked, hoping the sick man would be gone soon.

"Yes actually, he said something about him getting weed but I don't know what that is."

Taehyung rolled his eyes. 'on his birthday? really?' Taehyung thought to himself.

"Do you know what time he's leaving?"

"He said in the afternoon, why?"

"Ah ok and nothing just might have to do with your present" Taehyung smiled, feeling excited to see the beautiful face of Jungkook again.

Jungkooks face lit up and he smiled.

"Tell me when your dad leave alright? I'll be here the whole time."

"Ok I will."

- 3 hours later -

at 12:05 Jungkook heard the door slam. Jungkook scooted over to the vent and called for Tae.

"Taehyung?"

"Yes?" Taehyung replied almost immediately. He was busy setting up part of the youngers gift so he had to run over to where the vent was once he heard his name being called out. 

"He's gone"

Taehyung smiled. His plan was going to work.

"Ok stay right there I will bring your present to you"

"Ok!" jungkook said enthusiastically.

_________

Taehyung stepped back from the vent and grabbed a cake. He left his apartment and walked over to the top floor. He looked for Jungkooks room number and found it after a bit of searching. He rang the doorbell and held the cake with the initial 'T' on it. Not long after the front door opened, and there was none other than..

"T-taehyung?" Jungkook said in disbelief as he looked at the handsome and beautiful man in front of him.

"Y-your T?"

Taehyung smiled big as he held the cake.

"Happy birthday koo!"

Taehyung dropped the cake as Jungkook ran into him for a hug crying. Taehyung felt tears in his eyes forming as he hugged the younger back. Jungkook smelled like roses.

"Koo we can't be here for long we need to go, your dad might come back soon!"

"Oh yeah ok, where can we go?" Jungkook asked with a big smile on his face, still hugging the older. Never wanting to let go.

"Follow me" Taehyung said as he dragged Jungkook along, leaving the cake behind on the doormat.