4

"Go to bed. Lights completely out in 30 minutes"

Jungkook shook his head in disappointment, walking over to the cave he calls a room.

This was every night. At 8:30 pm he was sent to his room and was told 'lights out in 30 minutes'.

He remembered those sayings so well now. "go to your room" "go to bed".  It was all too familiar to the boy. 

Jungkook locked himself in his room and hopped up onto his bed, snuggling into the paper thin blankets as best as he could. Every night was cold and dark, and lonely..

When Jungkook was just a little boy, he would snuggle up with his mom in bed while she read him sweet bed time story's. Now, jungkook sat alone in a cold dark room on his rough bed, waiting for his tiredness to wash over him so he could just sleep.

Oh how he wished someone was there with him. 

You'd think he would be excited for sleep, so the boy could get away from the world for a few and just relax. well, wrong.

'Nightmares' was the word that immediately popped up into Jungkooks brain when he heard the word 'bed' or 'sleep'.

His nightmares were the worst nightmares. Every morning he would find himself drenched in his own sweat and clutching onto a pillow for dear life. His dreams he had at night freaked the living shit out of him.

"Lights out" he heard his father sharply say as he shuddered and mumbled a quiet 'ok'.

Jungkook turned off all his lights and laid down in his uncomfortable bed, pretending to sleep.

When he heard the mans footsteps slowly fade farther and farther away until he was gone, he quickly reached over to his small nightlight and turned it on.

He sat straight up in his bed and rested his head back on the headboard. 

The boy began to softly sing his favorite song.

"please don't see just a boy caught up in dreams and fantasies

please see me reaching out for someone I can't see

take my hand let's see where we wake up tomorrow

best laid plans sometimes are just a one night stand

i'd be damned cupid's demanding back his arrow

so let's get drunk on our tears and

god, tell us the reason youth is wasted on the young

it's hunting season and the lambs are on the run

searching for meaning

but are we all lost stars, trying to light up the dark~"

"Pretty voice.." he heard a shy but deep voice mumble, coming from the vents on the floor of his room.

sorry for the slow updates, i'm getting rly distracted with stuff haha

oh i also have a tip! while your reading the 'lost stars' lyrics, imagine jungkooks voice while reading it ;-;

anywho, have a nice day! love you