Chapter 24 - Keefe

I wonder why Sophie randomly walked in here today. Though I can't deny I still had a little crush on her. I decided to see where she went so maybe I could try to get her to love me. I walked up the stairs to see a Guard right in front of Fitz's room. I walked right up to him.

"Good afternoon General." he said, giving me a curt nod then a bow. Ah. Right. King Alden has already made me the General of all the Guards and Soldiers. Probably for practice. I nodded at him.

"Why are you standing here?" I asked him.

"Prince Fitz has asked me to lock the door and stay out here to keep watch." the Guard informed me.

"Is there someone else in there with him?" I asked curiously. The Guard nodded.

"Honestly General... I'm afraid. Lady Sophie is with him." he murmured. That froze me.

"W-what?" I stuttered. I gave him a cheeky grin. "You gotta be kidding me! Right?" I asked. He shook his head. I sighed and placed my hand on the doorknob.

"Sir, I don't think that is a good idea!" the guard said quickly. I placed my finger to my lips and shooed him away. Without any noise, I unlocked the door. I opened the door and was furious to see Sophie on Fitz lap. They were kissing so they didn't hear or see me come in. I tiptoed closer to them until I couldn't stand it and yanked Sophie away by her waist.

She shrieked and Fitz yelled, "Hey!" Fitz first glared at me, but when he realized who I was, his eyes widened. "Keefe! What are you doing?" he asked. I looked at the struggling Sophie in my arms. I quickly placed her down, not understanding what had went over me.

"I-i'm so sorry. I don't know what came over me." I stuttered. The two looked at me, worried. Sophie suddenly winced.

"Um.. Excuse me for a second..." she said as she ran into the bathroom with her hand over her mouth. Fitz eyed me warily.

"Do you still have a crush on her?" he asked me quietly. I looked away and stared at the college of Sophie Fitz had on the wall. Sophie came stumbling back before I had a chance to answer.

"I'm sorry but I have to go." Sophie said quickly.

"It's okay sweetheart." Fitz said, smiling. I have never seen him smile like this ever before. Not even to his family. He kissed her cheek and Sophie ran out, blushing. I stared at him. He had a dopey smile on his face and I snickered. He looked at me.

"You're so lovesick..." I murmured. Fitz blushed. "Anyways, I wanted to ask if you wanted to help me finish up the forms for Exilium." Fitz's face fell.

"He was serious about that?" he asked. I nodded and he sighed, getting up. "Let's go then." Fitz murmured. It took us almost three hours to finish mine, Fitz, Biana, and Sophie's forms.

~Time Skip~

"Are you done?" Alden asked as he entered the Study Room.

"Yes dad." Fitz said. Alden took the forms and filed through them quickly.

"Good. I need you two to go to the jeweler and get the Cognate Rings. Get them to Sophie as soon as possible. Then I need to have a personal meeting with just the two of you." Alden said. Fitz and I gave each other a glance. Alden never did this before.

"Yes Your Majesty!" I said, bowing before grabbing Fitz and getting the heck out of that room.

"Let's go to that jeweler then." Fitz muttered, obviously aggravated. I nodded and in silence, we walked to the jeweler.

"Ah! Your Majesty! General Keefe! So good to have you here! Is there something you need?" the jeweler asked, flustered. Fitz smiled stiffly.

"Hello! We're here to get the Cognate Rings?" Fitz said.