Chapter 114

“Hey, Grasshopper. Don’t accidentally vaporize Megapolis,” said Erivan. “I need to go to their square, and for Seneca to sign the capitulation. We have a deal.”

“Don’t worry, I won’t. I guess you see what I’m doing. People are afraid that I’ll vaporize their city too, so everyone’s fleeing to unpopulated areas. And I’m waiting for them to become thirsty and hungry and to move on Megapolis and Capital City. Those are the only two regions that still have energy, water, food, production… everything. They are the only two oases on the planet.”

“No! What’s the matter with you? What should I do with all these people in Capital City?” Erivan was aghast.

“They can’t enter your area. Have you already forgotten about my ring?” 

“Ah, yes…”

“And let them flock to Megapolis. I’m interested in how Seneca will react, what his decision will be. However, let’s leave that aside… There’s time for that. I wanted something else. I was just getting ready to call you, when I got your call.”

“What did you want? Tell me, Grasshopper.”

“Your Imperial Majesty!” the Grasshopper suddenly shouted.

“What?” Erivan was baffled.

“You are no longer President. You are now, Your Imperial Majesty!”

“What does that mean?”

“Presidents are elected in elections, and Emperors are chosen by God.”

“God? Me too?”

“Of course. You are his final choice.”

“What should I do now, Grasshopper?

“I’ll explain it to you. Capital City is your empire.”

“Alright…”

“Barbarians will gather around my ring, but they won’t be able to threaten the empire.”

“I know that.”

“So, you don’t need to worry about wars. You can just have fun and enjoy yourself.”

“Well, alright…”

“But you must also provide this for your subjects.”

“For whom?”

“Your subjects, the citizens of the Empire, of Capital City.”

“Ah… I understand. But how will I entertain them, Grasshopper?”

“I will tell you. But first take off that uniform and let us make you a toga.”

“What is that?”

“No, not a toga. Just a tunic. But it has to be short. Tell that to your tailor. And have them make you a wig. Long hair which will blow in the wind. And a pedestal with a magnificent throne. And have it all done in black. We won’t change the style. Call me when you are prepared,” the Grasshopper said and hung up.